This is what the canvas looked like to start with, I pulled off some of the original larger pieces on canvas. Then I die cut some flourishes and glued them to the canvas.
I then spread some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste over the canvas and used the Ranger Texture Tools to create patterns in the paste. When it was dry I painted over the whole thing with Gesso.
I then glued some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap over parts of the canvas and then did some stencilling using the Wendy Vecchi Polka Dotty stencil and acrylic paint.
I then used acrylic paint and applied it with a brush and then blended it with a baby wipe. Then I sprayed it with Iced Spruce, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain Spray Distress Stains and held the canvas upright to let the ink run. I then stamped the numbers onto some tissue paper and glued it to the canvas. I then used the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh stamp with Watering Can Archival ink.
I then started to gather the embellishments and started with some paper flowers and used Conrflower Blue Archival ink with Cut 'n' Dry foam before I dipped them in clear UTEE in my melt pot.
The colour of the flowers turned green in the UTEE, which I quite liked ! I've painted the metal embellishments with acylic paint and rubbed a metallic wax over them. The strip of fabric has been spritzed with Spray Distress Stains, Antique Linen and Iced Spruce and then I've stamped it using black Archival ink using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say stamp set.
I then stuck some Ranger Foil to some black card and then I used alcohol inks and pounced them over the metal foil. I die cut some leaves using the Tim Holtz Garden Greens die, which you'll see in a later photo. They were a little to shiny so I dabbed them with acrylic paint.
The oval frame is by Prima and I've painted it with acrylic paint and rubbed metallic wax over the surface. The image of the little girl is from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper stack and I've then covered it with Glossy Accents .The tape measure pieces are stamped usng a stamp from the Tim Holtz Artful Tools set and then cut into strips and a buckle attached to one end.
I then assembled all the pieces and when I was eventually happy with the arrangement I glued it all down. I rubbed some more metallic wax over the texture of the canvas and then dabbed a darker blue acrylic paint around the edge to frame everything.
I hope you've enjoyed today's step x step and maybe you have an item that needs some love !