Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday StepXStep

Hi everyone, Linda here with this week's StepXStep. I have a very easy tag to share with you this week. I still have a couple of Apocathary sets from Artistic Outpost left in the boutique so I thought I would make something using it. Being so busy with the boutique move this week I didn't have a lot of time to play so the result is a tag.  

I started with a jumbo manila tag an
d painted it black with an acrylic paint dabber. I deliberately didn't apply it heavy - I liked how the streaks of manila showed through.
Next it was stamped with white craft ink and the text stamp from Paper Boy set.
Then I stamped several other stamps from the set with Fired Brick distress paint to finish creating the background of the tag.
The prescription sheet and the tonic bottle were both stamped with Jet Black archival ink on white card stock and trimmed out. Then I used Vermillion archival ink to stamp a sentiment from the Chalkboard Wisdom set as well as the little stamps from the Apothecary set. I wanted to make them dimensional but different heights so I used craft foam on the back of the bottle to give it the most dimension and several layers of scrap card stock on the prescription sheet for just a little lift.
Since I already had introduced a splash of red, I carried it through by adding red glittered accents - a heart and Rx.
I cut the accents from plain gray chipboard and stained them red with Barn Door distress stain (since I don't have Festive Berries distress stain).  When using the distress glitter, you should stain/paint/ink the substrate the same color as the glitter.
Next I laid down a good layer of Glossy Accents and sprinkled on Festive Berries Distress Glitter.
Don't press the glitter down into the Glossy Accents. Let it sit of for a few minutes and then tap off the excess glitter.

My little tag was topped off with red dyed seam binding.

I hope you are having a great weekend!






10 comments:

  1. It's great - i love the chalkboard-look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,thanks for the step by step guide,might try this later!

    Donna.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tag Linda! Love the black painted background with the white stamping. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the drama of this Linda! The touches of glitter make a difference too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love the colour contrasts! Delicious red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this very striking tag Linda, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Linda! What a fabulous step by step! You have such creative and inspiring ideas. I love it!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super tag and very detailed for something you said you didn't have much time to play with. Love the colour palette and all the great stamping.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red & black colors you've used on this tag, Linda! Stunning color combo (one of my favs)! So awesome!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fabulous! I love this tag!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete