Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Lyla Decks the Halls


   It's that time over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique: Tim Holtz Christmas Idea-ology is back for the 2023 Holiday Season and TFJB owner, Linda Coughlin, has the Design Team busy with her newest theme for these next two weeks: "Deck the Halls" and instead of decking the halls with boughs of holly, we're using Idea-ology! This is always one of my favorite types of crafting and I'm sliding right in!



Here's that handy list of LINKS:

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas 2023 Holdiay Bells
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas 2023 Sticker Book Christmas
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas 2023 Woodland Trees Alpine
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas 2022 Baseboards Christmas 




I chose a couple sheets from an old TH Seasonal pad and burnished it (Glossy Accents glued and sanded edges all around) onto both sides of my Etcetera Mini Tag. I had a leftover reinforcer, so this Mini Tag got one on both sides.



I always make a physical plan with my Ideao-logy pieces so I’m not left squishing things in, or worse: not enough space for the most important pieces.


I do the same planning on both sides. Sometimes my plan will change but it’s usually because I come up with a better idea this way.


Then, I was able to match up the Etcetera Shelf pieces (both Scalloped and Bracket) to fit around the Baseboard Lace Frame, to form a box.


There was a LOT of burnishing going on. While I do love this technique, my hands were pretty sore afterwards. (I knew I should’ve gotten the TH Thinlits Set for die cutting pieces to cover the Etcetera Shelf pieces!! When will I learn to grab it instead of taking too long to mull it over???)


Time to add Distress. And, of course; the new Christmas Crayon Set #3 added the right pearly sparkle, with some Vintage Photo Oxide Ink.


My, Oh, My: that new toy soldier!!!! And now you can get Santa and the Snowman in a LARGE size!!! I had to have that larger sized set because I wanted a Toy Soldier like the tall ones around the lake I walk around in Florida - Lake DeFuniak. 


The Alpine Tree had to come first, so I’d be able to tuck the top into the Shelf inside the box. Since I planned a Dura-Lar window, the tree has to be cut down on the front and back to thin it out.


Yet, from side to side, it was thin enough to fit perfectly. LOVE these new skinny Alpine Trees, Tim!!!


Here, you can see I’m attending to little details: the rug is fussy cut from TH Patchwork Line Tape. Even though you might not see it, I wanted it all to be as realistic as possible- the small details are important!


I made “presents for each Grandbaby, using retired TH Letterpress letters. I used those yummy new pearly Distress Crayons (RED - for the girls Judith and Chloe, and BLUE for the boys - Jamie and Cole) and “wrapped each with sticker ribbons from the Christmas 2023 Sticker Book. Numbers 2 & 5 are in there, too.


Here, you can see I needed to lift up all the presents a bit higher to be seen in the window- and allow Paper Doll Judith to get higher up - so I pulled a “Paula” aka Paula Cheney, who likes to use little blocks and bits to stabilize items or add height. Going for the small details; I wrapped retired TH Chip Block Letters in the same Patchwork Linen Tape as the rug.


If you liked the 2022 Confections, you’ll LOVE the 2023 Confections which now are shaped like real Candy Canes as well as being a deeper red, there are new GREEN candy pieces!!! Time to cut a few up for dipping into the TH Mica Flakes and toss them into a Vial jar!


Making a doorway is easy: use TH Baseboards and Linen Tape, covering the backside of the door’s Long Fasteners with more Tim papers.


I needed my (smaller sized) Santa to go on a bit of a diet to fit where I needed him, so I used some rougher sand paper scraps to give him a rubdown.


And using Black Soot Crayon rubbed into the cracks with a bit of water on a paintbrush - after a couple of good FAST coats/heat treatments with Foundry Wax… viola!

And here's the finished project...

FRONT

FRONT- the 3 older Grandchildren are waiting to get out the door and into the snow. And yes; it did snow when they were at our house, as if by magic!

Closeups follow…


The new 2023 bells are SWEET!

BACK
Little Judith just started walking and stayed inside. But she’s a CLIMBER!! Here she is - going after the candy…or is she curious to see more of the Baby JESUS in the manger….??


She’s better get back to bed because Santa is taking advantage of the older Grands being outside; he’s got places to go and toys to leave!


The stockings are hung by the chimney with care… with the help of TH Baseboards (both 2023 & 2022).


JESUS: the Reason for the Season!!!


Letterpress presents… for my Grandbabies with LOVE!



Thanks so much for sharing this time with me! Don't forget to go see all the new
Inspiration Ave makes from our awesome Design Team, and check out the 

AWESOME CLEARANCE SALE  GOING ON NOW at

Stay Safe &
HAPPY CHRISTMAS BLOGGING!!

1 comment: