Friday, November 3, 2023

Janna's Season of Gratitude - Gobble Gobble

Welcome back to TFJB Inspiration Ave! This week we are creating to the theme of “Season of Gratitude”. For me this at once brings to mind Thanksgiving. I decided to make a Thanksgiving themed card featuring the Tim Holtz Sizzix dies abstract faces and abstract elements. Also big shout out to Sizzix and TFJ for sending some creative love our way to the design team. Layered Strips is not just a die for the holidays, but a wonderful everyday die that I just had to add to this festive fun Thanksgiving card.

If you would like step by step video instructions click here.


Supplies used: Sizzix dies Abstract Faces, Abstract Elements, Layered Strips, and Bigz die Shadow Box, Idea-ology Decorative Washi Tape, Metallic Warm Tones Kraft Paper Pack, Big Chat sticker book, Distress Reinker Festive Berries, Crackling Campfire, and Mustard Seed, Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Distress Spray Black Soot, Distress Mica Spray Stain Mulled Cider, Distress Watercolor Cardstock, Collage Medium.


To start our card I am first spritzing our foundation of Distress Watercolor Cardstock with the Distress Sprayer.


Then I spritzed the page with someBlack Soot Distress Spray Stain and some Mulled Cider Distress Mica Spray Stain. I then spritzed the paper again to get the spray stains moving.


I then dried and spritzed several more times using the water bottle and the Ranger heat tool. The finished results of our base background are down below.


Next I took some ATG tape and stuck down a boarder of decorative washi tape. I have found that the decorative washi tape does not always stay stuck down so I like to add a little ATG tape first. Below is the completed boarder using one of the numeric washi tapes.


After completing the boarder I then die cut a secondary background using the Sizzix die set Layered Stripes. I cut these two layers from Idea-ology Warm Kraft Stock and Metallic Kraft Stock. Before die cutting I added a layer of of double sided tape to the backs of each piece


Here I have layered up our three layers to form our completed background.


Time to talk turkey! Now it is time to start piecing together a festive turkey. To do this I will be pulling from the die sets abstract faces and abstract elements.


I used the large triangular piece and the star burst piece from the abstract faces set to form the body and the start to the feathers of our turkey. For the face I pulled two mini circles from abstract elements and then used a variety of tear drop and lemon shapes to make feathers. When trying to create a predetermined shape out of random shapes I like to lay out all my pieces and move them around like a puzzle until I come out with the shape or idea I have in mind.


I then die cut these shapes out of kraft stock and distress watercolor paper. Below I am inking up the edges of the keratin stock pieces with a dash of vintage photo ink around the edges of each piece.


For our remaining shapes I colored in the feathers and beak with Distress Reinkers Mustard Seed, Festive Berries and Crackling Campfire.


Then I glued all of my pieces together with some Collage Medium. For the feathers I started with a base of big feathers around the starburst shape and then layered smaller feathered on top to create a full tail of feathers for our turkey. Once the feathers were in place I then added the mini circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and a couple of lemon shaped pieces for feet.


The turkey then needed a place to roost. I used a cutout from the window die cut in the Curio Box die set as a backer for the turkey.


Below I have added the turkey to the background. I love how the turkey matches our stripes. Then for finishing touches I added a word sticker sentiment from the sticker book big chat.


Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :

Instagram: dunhamtreasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna


Supplies used: 

Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set Abstract Elements
Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set Layered Stripes
Halloween 2002 Idea-ology Design Tape TH94259
Tim Holtz Kraft Stock Metallic Classics TH94227
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Kraft Stock Warm TH94112
Distress Reinker Festive Berries
Distress Reinker Crackling Campfire 
Distress Reinker Mustard Seed
Distress Ink Pad Vintage Photo
Distress Spray Stain Black Soot 
Distress Halloween Mica Stain Set 5 (Mulled Cider)
Distress Watercolor Cardstock 
Distress Collage Medium Matte 2 oz Bottle TDA73031

No comments:

Post a Comment