Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Focus on Prima

Double click any photo to zoom in for details.
Hello!  Linda here with this week's Friday Focus.  It's great to be back sharing here on Frilly and Funkie!  This fortnight's Friday Focus is on Prima products.  We carry a wide selection of Prima products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  And I must say, I had the best time playing with all these yummy supplies making my autumn canvas.  

I really enjoy the fall season.  It's definitely my favorite time of the year with all the warm, rich hues. Starting with a Prima 8x10" Watercolor panel as my base,  I used the Prima Color Blooms 2 sprays for the first time ever and I must say, they totally knocked my socks off.  The colors are so strong and vibrant!  I started with Poppy Field but I wanted a little green mixed in and there really wasn't the right green in the Color Blooms 2 selection so I used a few little shakes of Ken Oliver Color Burst Pthalo Green and then spritzed on the Poppy Field Color Bloom.  Then I added a few sprays of Pot Marigold Color Bloom and wow, it's looking gorgeous already!


I wanted my piece to be on the shabby chic side and decided I wanted a doily.   The Prima Crochet Doily die is one of my favorites and I was happy to have the opportunity to use it.  I used plain white card stock and die cut the doily.  Next it was stamped with the Wendy Vecchi Text background stamp and sponged with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain distress ink.  Ranger Multi Medium Matte was used to affix my two doily die cuts to the panel.  


Another first time product use for me on this project was Prima's Adhesive Rub Ons and Foil Transfer Sheets by Christine Adolph.  I used Blessings for the adhesive rub ons and the Shine On Rub On Foil.  Both were super easy to use, went on easily and the foil transfer covered completely.  I will definitely be using more of these!


Next came another sensational product - Prima's Copper Crackle Texture Paste.  I used it over the Birdy Nest stencil.  


I was able to let it dry overnight and raced into my craft room as soon as I got up the next morning - ooh-ee!  Was it ever gorgeous!  I've noticed lately that micro beads seem to be making a resurgence.  I remembered that way down in my stash, I have some copper micro beads and added a few here and there for texture.  


I also started adding some embellishments.  Also in my stash, left over from last fall's crafting, were some leaves cut with the Tim Holtz Fall Foliage Thinlits die set.  They had been randomly stamped with script and text stamps and colored in fall colors with distress inks.  A few were added with a tiny clock charm and a scrap of dyed seam binding.  


Next came the flowers.  Here I went for the Prima Art Basics Finnabar Alterable Flowers.  The one  below was altered with the Poppy Color Bloom.  


And this one was altered with the Dandelion Color Bloom pus a little spritz of Pot Marigold, smoothed around on my craft sheet until I got the color combo I was going for.  Both flowers were crumpled up and dried in that shape.  Once dry, the layers were gently unfurled.  They held their shape and gave a lot of dimension.  


I love the colors and the way they look with the leaves behind them!


And just one final embellishment, a gorgeous rusted butterfly from Prima Mechanicals:  Grungy Butterflies.


There you have it.  This was such a super fun make.  I hung it up at The Funkie Junkie Boutique for my lovely ladies to enjoy throughout the fall season!  And you can make a similar project.  Most of our Prima products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique will be on our Friday Focus sale with an additional 15% off - that's a total of 35% off retail from now through October 13th.  

***Please Note:  discount does not apply to anything in our New Arrivals section***

Thanks so much for stopping by!

These products were used to make the above canvas.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most major brand names are always 20% below MSRP.   Additionally, most of our Prima stock will be an additional 15% off through October 13th.

SaveSave

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Autumnal canvas Linda! I love the way you've used the Birdy Next design and Color Bloom sprays to create a Fall wreath in the centre surrounded by those wonderful pieces of doily xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really created an awesome work! LOVE the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the drips and splatters in the background and those gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous and the colours do scream fall in all its glory. Love the background and your beautiful flowers and leaves add to the rustic yet chic style of your canvas.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm! This is scrumptious! I'm going shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Linda for the step by step. Your canvas is truly a "Fall Beauty". I too love fall and all that it brings to light with nature. I'm hoping for time to use some of these great products in a similar manner. Always love your creations. Enjoy a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background was almost too beautiful to cover up, but you covered it up beautifully! I love the rich copper colour of the crackle paste and the flowers are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you posting Linda, this looks amazing, - that background is just stunning with those warm Autumnal colours, beautifully finished too!!

    ReplyDelete