Thursday, January 19, 2017

Guest Designer - Sara Emily Barker

Please say hello and welcome to our Guest Designer for our Winter Hues challenge.   Sara Emily Barker of sarascloset was the Design Team's top pick from the Bountiful Harvest challenge.


"Frilly and Funkie was one of the first challenge blogs I stalked, even before I started blogging. It took me a while to gather up the courage to enter the challenges, but I have been inspired by the talented Design Team over the years. I am so honored and totally thrilled to be asked to Guest Design along side this amazing team for this challenge!

I live in Wilmington, NC, which is on the South Atlantic coast of USA. The weather here is temperate in the winters, and we pretty much have the three remaining seasons of hot summer weather. Great for me, because I love being active outdoors, and my first love is gardening. I draw a good deal of my inspiration from nature, and I consider myself to be a curious crafter. I love to look at something and try to figure out how it came to be and love to see how different products react with one another. So much of my creativity comes out of experimenting with products I already own and just playing. I feel most comfortable with vintage grunge, but I love trying new styles."



"Suzz's ' Winter Hues' challenge theme was perfect for me, because I love to work in blues, and with our recent cold snap here in the south, I was inspired to make a winter scene on canvas, complete with a raging snow storm and a warm cabin in the woods. My tiny canvas measures just three and one half by five inches and is covered with Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Wrap, colored with Distress paints in blues, and stamped with Tim Holtz images.

On top of all that is Distress Crazing Medium, crayons, Remnant rubs, glitter and embossing powder to get this snowy scene.

This is a little different than what I usually make, so I hope you like it! I would like to thank Suzz for her inspiring challenge theme and the entire Frilly and Funkie team for having me here today as their Guest Designer!"


* * *
Head over to Sara Emily's blog to get all the details on her wintery little canvas and then come on back and share your Winter Hues project with us. The challenge can be found here and is open until January 31st at 11:55 pm EST.

13 comments:

  1. Well look at that sweet face! What a ray of sunshine! Biggest congratulations to you, my friend! What a spectacular way to show your skills with this amazing stamped masterpiece! I absolutely love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore your winter scene Sara - just beautiful. What a lovely project in every way. So happy to see you spotlighted on Frilly and Funky. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your GD spot Sara, your project is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your so-deserved guest design spot, Sara Emily!! This is absolutely spectacular!! The texture is amazing!! I love the beautiful cabin and trees!! The details are stunning!! Love, love this!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous wintry creation from Sara Emily - congratulations on a fabulous guest spot!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your guest DT spot - you are so talented and deserving of this, Sara Emily! I'm just in awe of this spectacular project!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, all the shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara Emily, you are a gem! Happy to see you as a guest designer- I am such a fan of your art! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara Emily this is gorgeous! I love your little cottage in the winter scenery. Beautiful design and thank you for joining us a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is over-the-top gorgeous, Sara Emily! I feel cold and shivery on the outside and warm on the inside just looking at that strikingly beautiful background. A cozy cabin in the woods has a special place in my heart. Your canvas brings it to life and makes me wish I was there right now!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fabulous, Sara Emily! You really captured the magic and mystery of a winter night. I can almost feel the cold stars shining down, and smell the wood smoke from the fire inside that cozy cabin. The texture is divine. You are so very talented! Thanks so much for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your so well deserved GDT spot, Sara! Your canvas is absolutely stunning and magical! Hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for these really amazing heartfelt comments! So sweet, and I so enjoyed being GDT here this time! Thank you Frilly and Funkie ladies!

    ReplyDelete