Thursday, October 19, 2017

Guest Designer - Niki Hackler

We are fortunate to have a second Guest Designer for our 'Tis Near Halloween challenge.  Please say hello and give a big welcome to Niki Hackler of Pawsitively Creative.  Niki was the Design Team's favourite from the Read Any Good Books Lately challenge.


Hello y'all! Just a quick little introduction about myself. I am a Veterinary Technician for my paying job and a mixed media artist for fun. I enjoy making mini top hats and designs out of the norm. Halloween is the perfect time for my darker side to come out and I am so excited to share this design with you. It has been in my brain for years and now finally comes to fruition!


I have created a Vampire Hunting Kit and this is the outside of the kit. I made the "leather straps" out of fun foam, aluminum foil and an iron.


Everything in this Vampire Hunting Kit was altered, painted of handmade. The dissection tools were leftover from school, its the real deal.


Glass bottles from Tim Holtz, 7 Gypsies and the lab at my work were labeled with apothecary labels and distress inks. Each jar has something special inside.


Any good Hunting Kit needs a stake and this one was carved by my hands. The silver skull holds silver and holy water. The gold cauldron holds a shrunken vampire head, some of his blood and an all seeing eye.

Happy Halloween y'all and Carpe Diem! 

Hugz! ~Niki

* * *
To get all the details on how Niki made her Vampire Hunting Kit. pop over to her blog. If you want to create something spooky for this challenge you have until October 24th at 11:55 pm EST and you can find the challenge HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous and fun Halloween inspired kit! Love all the spooky details! Thanks for joining us as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Days!!!!! This is out of this world spectacular Niki! I'm just in awe of all those handmade elements which sit so perfectly in the sumptuous case. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki, this is my all time favourite of your work, what a fabulous kit your vampire gets to work with! I love the skulls and the finish you achieved on the kit box is superb! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki, I loved the journal you made which I see is tucked in there. This wows me even more! What a creative mind you have, and such talent to implement those imaginative ideas! Great work combining 'real' tools with those hand crafted ones! You're amazing! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer and treating us to your Vampire Hunting Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nikki! this is way too cool!!
    You really knocked this one out of the ballpark!lol Totally excellent kit for hunting and disposing of Drac and his followers- well done!

    ReplyDelete