Saturday, June 16, 2018

Graphic 45 Tag Dies Tips, Techniques, Handmade Flowers and Botanical Tea Tag Folio Tutorial

Hello, Friends! Kathy here with this week's Saturday Showcase. Today I'm going to show you some really great tips for using the new Graphic 45 Tag Dies. I'll also share some of my best flower making techniques. And if that is not enough to lure you in, then perhaps the tutorial for this lovely Botanical Tea Tag Folio will do the trick! So grab a cuppa and a snack and let's get this Saturday Showcase on the road!

Botanical Tea

I'm completely smitten with the new Graphic 45 Metal Dies. They make it so easy to alter the Graphic 45 tags. For this tag folio, I've used the Large Tag/ATC Tag/Flowers Dies and the Regular Tag/Gears Dies. They are the perfect match for the Large Ivory Tag Album, Regular Ivory Tag Album and ATC Tag Album tags.

Botanical Tea

In today's tutorial I will show you how to combine these tags and dies to create this interactive Botanical Tea DCE tag folio.

Botanical Tea

Botanical Tea is one of my all time favorite G45 collections, so I was thrilled when they released it as a Deluxe Collector's Edition. Along with the 12x12 paper collection, you get the chipboard embellishments and gorgeous cardstock sticker sheet. We'll use all of those elements in today's creation.

Botanical Tea

The ability to create your own flowers from designer paper means that you will always have a perfect embellishment match for your project. I love making my own flowers, and I'll show you how I do it as I share my best flower making techniques with you in the video tutorial.

I'll also show you how to create this clever little hidden tag element.

Botanical Tea

And you'll learn how to use those fabulous G45 dies to die cut a tag booklet. As a bonus, there's a tutorial for a gift card pocket, too.

So are you ready to get your Saturday craft on? Please join me for this easy to follow tutorial on YouTube.



I hope I've inspired you to break out your new G45 dies and paper pretties to make something beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

Products from the Funkie Junkie Boutique





12 comments:

  1. Your folio is so beautiful Kathy, I really enjoyed your video too, great tips for making flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Anne! That means so much to me! I'm glad you enjoyed the flower making tips! Happy crafting!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, and I especially like your homemade flowers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Esther! I have been wanting to share a flower shaping technique video for a while now, and this project was the perfect one for the job. Thanks for watching and happy flower making!

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I just watched your video and my jaw hit the floor. What an amazing piece of work you did here. Love the flower tutorial! Gorgeous tag - what a wonderful gift it would make! Thank you so much for your time and effort; love the artistry!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Linda, you are such a great cheerleader! I'm so glad you enjoyed the video, and I'm honored that you took the time from your busy schedule to watch. I do love to make my own flowers, so that was fun to include in this technique mash up project! Your kind words warm my heart! It's such a joy to design for you! xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I finished watching your video earlier today and just getting a minute to tell you how much I enjoyed it.I felt like I was right there in the craft room by your side. It was amazing to watch how this marvelously textured and beautiful tag card came together. The papers you've used are really lovely and your design really shows them off. Your flower making tips and tips on how to make the pocket for your tag and the reverse folded card using those dies are so useful. I will be referring back to this often. Now I just have to get those dies and that cool flower making tool set! What an inspiration you are! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Sara! I have always loved this collection (and I stockpile it....just in case!) I love adding flowers to my work, and making them myself is an activity I really enjoy. I'm glad I was able to share these things with you. You are so kind! xo

      Delete
  5. Oh boy Kathy, you sure went above and beyond with this tutorial!!! I love how those tag dies work so perfectly with the Graphic 45 tags and it was so helpful to see how you layer your tags together to create all those tucks and pockets and flaps. And then the flowers, oh those flowers! So many clever tips and hints for making them look realistic. Thank you so much for sharing your creative genius so generously with us here xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jenny! Thank you so much for these kind words. I do love to make my own flowers when I have the time, and these new dies from G45 offer endless possibilities for creativity. I barely scratched the surface. I love products that can be used in multiple ways!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Fabulous tutorial! Love being in your craft room with you and learning your tags and flower tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzz, I would love to spend a happy crafty afternoon with you! Thanks so much for the kind words! xo

      Delete