Thursday, February 14, 2019

Guest Designer - Tracey Fairgrieve

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the Let Me Count the Ways challenge.  Tracey Fairgrieve of New Beginnings - Creating in My Corner was the top pick from the Inspired By challenge.


Hello everyone, i'm Tracey and it's an absolute honour to be a Frilly and Funkie Guest Designer today.

A little about me. . .

As long as I can remember I have loved to create, drawing, painting and experimenting with a variety of mediums. A former Community worker I helped support Parents/Guardians with pre-school children and help promote the importance of creativity to encourage their skills and development often using the environment around. Now as a carer I take advantage of any free time I have to be creative and share how it all came to be...


Romance is certainly in the air with Sara Emily's challenge theme this fortnight as she reflects upon Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Love Poem How do I love thee? (Sonnet 43) Let me count the ways. As we are asked to use three of something for this challenge I've created a Vintage fabric hanging heart.


Using Tim Holtz Patchwork pieces stamp set, a border was stamped at the top and bottom of the hanger using sepia versafine, onto fabric I stamped then cut out the hexagons sewing each one by hand onto the heart adding lace and buttons from my Grandma's button tin. The top of the heart is open and acts as a pocket secretly holding an affection book.


The affection book contains the words Adore, Cherish and Forever, three words that let me count the ways. Amongst my paper stash I came across those three words on a 6x6 paper it was as if they were just waiting to be found. Machine stitched then cut from the page, three little word tags have been created to sit within the book.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone interprets Sara Emily's challenge.

* * *
To get all the details of this very romantic hanging with its hidden book and three words of love just pop over to Tracey's blog. Once you have checked it out come on back and share your project for this challenge. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on February 26th.

Don't forget to come back here on Saturday for another fabulous Saturday Showcase and then next Wednesday, the gals on the funkie side of the team will be here with their inspiration for the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to be a Guest Designer today, it's an honour to be here. Thank you to all at Frilly and Funkie for your kindness and Sara Emily for her perfectly themed *Let me count the ways challenge.
    Wishing you all a wonderful day, creative wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project Tracey and huge congrats on your GD spot xx Off to take a closer look xx

    Hugs Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, I'm so excited to see your beautiful artwork featured here as our special Guest Designer! Your artwork is stunning! I love your beautiful Valentine hanging made with those soft textiles and adorned with the stamped fabrics and your Grandma's buttons. And that it contains a secret pocket with the Love Note and the THREE stitched tags makes it even more special. Thank you for your hard work and sharing a little bit about you! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this Tracey but just here to remind you Lol! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracey what a treat! I love the vintage feel and delicacy of your gorgeous hanging and how include a hidden affection book! What a clever way to interpret the challenge theme. Thank you so much for sharing this with us here at Frilly and Funkie x

    ReplyDelete