Thursday, March 14, 2019

Guest Designer Melissa Divelbiss

Please say hello and give a warm welcome to our Guest Designer for the Pass the Tissues, Please challenge.  Melissa Divelbiss of Millie Made was the Design Team's top pick from the Winter Blues challenge.


Hi All! My name is Melissa Divelbiss (aka Milliemade). I am a wife, married 22+ years to my very creative and supportive husband and mother to two very smart and equally creative teenage sons. I’ve been a maker for as long as I can remember. I appreciate all types of arts and crafts but my greatest love is papercrafting! I am also a big fan of upcycling and I’m on a first name basis with my pals at the local Goodwill. I’m thankful to be guest designing today on the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog.





For this month’s Pass the Tissues challenge, I decided to alter one of the many cigar boxes I have in hand. The centerpiece of the project is the huge, fluffy tissue paper peony on the top of the box. Inside the box is a small album also created with various tissue papers from my stash. More details can be found on my blog. Gather your tissues, ladies! I’m looking forward to seeing your lovely creations!

* * *
After you check out the details of Melissa's fabulous album in a box, which can be found on her blog, we invite you to share your project for this fun challenge.  The challenge runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, March 26th and can be found HERE.

Don't forget to check back on Saturday for another terrific Saturday Showcase presented by one of our designers and then next Wednesday the gals on the funkie side of the team will be here with their tissue projects for more inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Melissa! What a wonderful way to show the many uses for tissue. I love that blousy flower on top of the beautiful cigar box and the way you've coordinated it perfectly with your fabulous little album. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us here at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks for asking. Here’s the link: https://milliemade13.blogspot.com/2019/03/frilly-and-funkie-guest-design-project.html?m=1

      Delete
  3. Melissa, this is a fabulous project! I love boxes and you have created the most wonderful album to go along with it! Your use of tissue on the flower and each of the pages is so creative and just perfect for the challenge! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for being our special Guest Designer! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete