Saturday, September 25, 2021

Saturday Showcase - 6 Easy Cards with 1 Tim Holtz Stamp Set

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I wanted to share a fun challenge I gave myself. I challenged myself to use only 1 stamp set to create 6 simple cards that can be good for any occasion.  I chose to use the Tim Holtz Set - CMS385 "Into the woods".  I wanted a woodsy look that could be good for fall, Christmas, or masculine cards.


3 of the cards are A2, one just a bit shorter than A2, a slimline card, and one that's about 2/3s the size of an A2 (made from the scrap from cutting the slimline card).


A simple frame card (you could easily switch out any of the animals to the bear or the fox from the set).


Simple and woodsy.


Woodsy with a splash of color.


A touch of plaid for simple color.


A simple and easy wreath card. (This could also be a bird nest. I should have done a touch less stenciling for my preferred look).


My favorite of all the cards, and yet the simplest!


What do you think of these cards?
This stamp set could easily make so many more simple cards, or awesome elaborate ones!!

Products Used:

Stamp Set - Tim Holtz Into The Woods
Inks:
    Distress Oxides - Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain,  Forest Moss, Crackling CampfireCandied Apple, and Black Soot
    Original Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain
    Other Inks- Delicata Golden Glitz, Embossing Ink
Embossing Powders - Black and Red
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - THS021 Speckles
Tim Holtz Small Talk Stickers
Plaid Scrapbook Paper
Blending Tool

3 comments:

  1. Love these.I have this set. Great for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of this set of cards, and now I'm inspired to get my Into the Woods stamps out of the Closet and get making! Thanks for the inspiration, Tera!

    ReplyDelete