Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Guest Designer - Lisa Hoel

It is time to welcome our Guest Designer for the 'Grunge, Ghouls or Giggles' challenge. Say hi to Lisa Hoel who was the Design Team's top pick from the 'Creating Die-na-mite' challenge.


Hello, my name is Lisa Hoel and I’m a lifelong craft lover. I’ve been ‘arting’ ever since I first picked up a crayon! Paper crafts have been my main focus for the past twenty years or so and I love to make detailed, layered, textured, mixed-media type projects. I am not usually a clean and simple type artist. ;-) My background is in graphic design and I'm blessed to be married to the greatest guy in the world and have two dynamic boys. You can find me here: creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspot.com


This challenge theme is right up my alley! I found this grungy lantern at a garage sale and had been saving it for a spooky project. It's perfect for my layered Halloween landscape – full of whimsical die cut details made with Tim Holtz Sizzix dies and lit with eerie purple Tiny Lights.


The lantern came with a broken corner in the front glass but I think that just adds to the Halloween vibe.

* * *
What an incredible spooky lantern and so perfect for the current challenge! That's some transformation of a garage sale find and how cool that it also lights up! Thank you Lisa for your amazing inspiration and for being our latest Guest Designer. Make sure you check out Lisa's blog to see lots more must see close ups. Then come on back and share your 'Grunge, Ghouls or Giggles' projects with us.

The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, November 2nd.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful lantern Lisa! There is so much detail in the scene inside and I love how it lights up too x

    ReplyDelete