Saturday, March 23, 2024

Janna's Easter Joy

Welcome, this week at TFJB Inspiration Ave, we are creating to the theme of “Easter Joy”. With the new stamp set Mr. Rabbit being released I absolutely have to make a card with him. Today we will be focusing on distress watercolor pencils and background making with alcohol ink and gesso.

For full process video click here.

Supplies used: alcohol inks lemonade, sandal  flamingo, aqua, and pistachio, distress archival black soot, distress watercolor pencils iced spruce, pumice stone, picked raspberry, chipped sapphire, mermaid lagoon, villainous potion, antique linen, distress specialty stamping paper, Mr. Rabbit CMS478, clear stamp set THMM183, Idea-ology flowers, white gesso.

For today’s project we will be diving into some art journaling. For art journaling I like using a mixed media journal or a watercolor journal. Here I have an 8x8 watercolor journal.


To start I painted on a coat of white mat gesso paint with a TH collage brush.


While the layer of gesso was drying I pulled in the new TH stamp set Mr. Rabbit CMS478 which will be the focal point of this mixed media project.



I started by stamping the rabbit in distress archival black soot ink and pulled in some distress watercolor pencils to add some color. For the substrate I used specialty stamping paper.


For colors I am using picked raspberry, chipped sapphire, mermaid lagoon, villainous potion, vintage photo, antique linen, pumice stone, and iced spruce.


I colored directly on the specialty stamping paper and then used a water brush to blend out the colors.


Below are the finished results of coloring with distress watercolor pencils on specialty stamping paper.


Next I cut out the rabbit using some tonic snips. I also stamped a couple of additional sentiments in distress archival black soot.


Typically we can only use alcohol inks on non-porous surfaces such as Yupo paper. Here I have coated this journal page with gesso. Now our once porous page is less porous and almost slick. With the paint acting as a barrier I am now able to add alcohol inks in a journal. For alcohol inks I am using aqua, pistachio, sandal, lemonade, and flamingo.


First I drizzled some blending solution on the page and then dripped alcohol ink over the top. I then moved the ink around with the TH Ranger ink blower tool.


Below are the results of using alcohol ink over gesso in a journal.


Next I brought back in the Mr. Rabbit stamp set. Using some of the background stamps in the set I altered the journal page with more black soot. I used the egg dye stamp and the checkered stamp to add some texture to the page.


Then I took the cut out rabbit and glued him into the journal with some collage medium.

For finishing touches I added some Idea-ology florals, two paper cut chicks from Sizzix, and  alcohol inked altered sentiments.

Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: @treasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna


Supplies Used: 

Alcohol inks

Sandal

Aqua

Pistachio 

Flamingo 

Lemonade

Blending solution 

Distress watercolor pencil set 4 

Distress watercolor pencil set 5

Distress watercolor pencil set 1

Distress watercolor pencil set 2

Bunny and chick from the vault Sizzix 

Mr. Rabbit Stamp set CMS478 

Distress black soot archival 

Collage medium

 


No comments:

Post a Comment