Thursday, October 23, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Sara!

Today we welcome Sara of Sara's Closet as our Guest Designer. Sara was chosen by the Design Team as our winner of the 'A Haunting Halloween' challenge and therefore was invited to join us for a day!

So, let's move on to see what Sara has created for the current challenge 'A Grateful Welcome'.


Hello, everybody! I’m Sara Emily (aka sarascloset), and I live in Southeastern North Carolina with my husband of 19 years and 16 year old boy/girl twins.

I “retired” from my position as a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to become a stay at home Mom. I now work as a gardener, personal assistant and organizer for three very interesting and wonderful women. In my free time I enjoy gardening, running (recently sidelined with orthopedic problems), “junk” shopping at yard and estate sales with my daughter, and fiddling in my Closet!

My design experience is limited to sweeping up the cast-offs of two florists and pulling glue gun “spiderwebs” off their finished projects when I worked part time at the Secret Garden in college. I started making cards about 3 years ago after promising my gravely ill sister a daily homemade card. It became an addiction! I would describe my style as funky/eclectic, and my passion is altering and using found objects in my work. I can see potential in anything! I am greatly inspired by nature and have a fondness for vintage objects.


I am very excited and honored to be asked to be a Guest Designer for the extremely talented team at Frilly and Funkie. This fortnight’s challenge is “A Grateful Welcome”. I’ve never decorated for this holiday and own only one or two of this season’s craft items, so I decided to trust my instincts and stick with what I love - using and altering what I have. So this is how I arrived at my outdoor tabletop decoration


In this part of North Carolina, we have very mild Thanksgiving Day weather, and many people dine outdoors. I wanted to make something outdoorsy and rustic to reflect this trend. I’ve used a lot of natural elements and combined them with my love of vintage things and birds. I’ve made my own flowers and banners using some unusual materials. I also wanted this to be able to be viewed from all angles. Please visit my blog to see all the details and lots of photos.


Thank you, Frilly and Funkie, for choosing me to be Guest Designer for this challenge, and for all of your inspiration!

I'm sure you'll agree that Sara's project is stunning and perfect for the current challenge 'A Grateful Welcome'. Hopefully this has also provided you with lots more ideas! And if you want to be invited to become a Guest Designer for a future challenge you'll need to enter the challenge, so what are you waiting for?!

8 comments:

  1. Gosh Sara! I love this fabulous centrepiece especially with the kitchen items, cages and bottles in amongst the pumpkins. So pleased you could join us with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sara!! So great to have you with us this week as our guest designer! Your project is totally sensational. I just came from your blog and wow, what an amazing piece of home decor you have created. Thank you so much for delighting our visitors with your beautiful table arrangement!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always blown away by your work Sara, and this is no exception! What a fabulous table decoration! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... this is tops.. what time is dinner being served... we will be there... LOL... lovely arrangement as all your projects are.... outstandingly GREAT.. Love it. You are certainly a very talented artist in so many ways.... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beauty of a project Sara!!! Love the rustic, autumn theme interpreted for a table dec. The assortment you've assembled is fabulous! So glad you are the guest designer this week! hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful centerpiece, Sara!! I love your style and can see this gorgeous piece being the perfect focal point of your autumn table. Thank you so much for guest designing with us! You are amazing!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome centerpiece, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sara...what a pleasant surprise to see you here...I am actually seeing you now! Always admired your work and this center piece is just fab. The arrangement is just classy dear. Hugs.Rupa

    ReplyDelete