Thursday, August 6, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Ruth!

Today we are welcoming Ruth of  A Love to Create as our Guest Designer. Ruth was picked by the DT as the winner of the Something to Say challenge. So, without further a do, let's move on to hear from Ruth !


Hi everyone, I am absolutely delighted and honoured to be a guest designer here this week, this is such a talented design team! I live in the North West of England and have dabbled in crafts for most of my life. I started with knitting, crochet and needlework as a child and have since explore sugarcraft, card making and my most recent passion is mixed media. I just love exploring, experimenting and creating, hence my blog title 'a love to create' (argeum.blogspot.co.uk) My style is quite eclectic from vintage and shabby chic to CAS and grungy. Inky and painty with some texture is my ideal!



I decided to decorate a small box canvas in a vintage shabby chic style. I stamped my main 'winged' angel image onto tissue paper in vintage sepia ink and then spread embossing paste though a stencil on the sides.



I then used a combination of Fresco chalk paints in cream, chocolate and pink to dry brush the sides and edges before gluing the image down with matte medium. After adding the embellishments they were painted and then highlighted with Treasure Gold.

I'm sure you'll all agree that Ruth's canvas is beautiful and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge which is Things with Wings. There's still time to join in and who knows you may be the next DT winner and be asked to join us as Guest Designer! 

17 comments:

  1. Great canvas Ruth I love the feature stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so understated and simple. I love IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is absolutely fantastic. I'm drooling here! Congratulations on being selected as our Funkie Favorite and thanks for providing such a yummy piece of eye candy as our Guest Designer!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Ruth! This is a gorgeous project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Ruth!! I love the fresco chalk paints and that stamped angel on tissue paper is gorgeous. Congrats on your win!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for having me, I really enjoyed creating this! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful Ruth, a lovely image and love the colour paletter you have used. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing Ruth - it's lovely. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing Ruth - it's lovely. j.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your canvas is gorgeous Ruth - as always! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just perfect Ruth...love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is shabbylicious! I love the color palette and all that yummy texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous canvas Ruth - all my favourite colours and such fabulous textures. It really is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful canvas! I love the tissue paper stamping and gorgeous texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful canvas, Ruth! I love those shabby, but elegant colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your canvas is beautiful, Ruth! It has such a feminine feel and tons of dimension! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous piece Ruth!
    I really love the subdued colors you've used- truly elegant! xo

    ReplyDelete