Thursday, August 27, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Sara Emily!

Today we are welcoming Sara Emily of Sarascloset as the Guest Designer. Sara Emily was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Raise it Up challenge. So let's move on to hear from Sara Emily !


I’m thrilled and honored to be invited by the talented Design Team to join them this week as Guest Designer! I live near the beach in North Carolina with my husband, teenage twins and 2 kitties. I do all my work out of my tiny, cozy closet; hence my blog name sarascloset, but if things get too large, I move outside or to my garage. My love is upcyclying yard sale finds, but I’ve been dabbling a lot lately in mixed media. I enjoy so many styles and will try anything once—twice if I like it!

Some highlights of my art/crafty “career” include earning an art scholarship in college, selling a bit of my art at a local art store, teaching a number of mixed media classes and being a Design Team member on Anything But Cute Challenge blog.


For my not-yet-framed wall hanging, I decided to try out a few products and combinations I’ve not yet used. All my layers are home made papers, and the butterfly is stamped and heat embossed, then colored using Distress ink



My gold touches come from Perfect Pearls powders, embossing powder, metallic rubs, Gelatos and Stickles. You can see how I put these products to use to “go for the gold” at my blog.

I'm sure you'll all agree Sara Emily's project is beautiful and has provided more inspiration for the current challenge which is a Touch of Gold.

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project Sara Emily! It's a real thrill to have you joining us today - thank you so much for being a guest designer here at Frilly and Funkie and sharing your talents. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara Emily brings her lively imagination into all her beautiful creations, and this piece is no exception. The color combo is just glorious and all those wonderful layers of color and texture are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara Emily definitely wins a gold medal for her golden project here. So incredibly beautiful. I adore her colors and her textures. What a way to inspire all of us!!
    -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally a layering up master Sara!!! Look at all the layers of your homemade paper on this one.... and hello.... homemade paper blows my mind. I had a friend a long time ago that made paper and it was incredible... but wow it took some doing. You are soooooo creative in EVERY way. What a FABULOUSLY GORGEOUS wall hanging. The colors are EXQUISITE and the entire piece is soooo ELEGANTLY ENDEARING. You are a wonderful guest designer - high five sweet gal! j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joi, you are such a sweetie! Thanks for making my day (again!). I must clarify I did not make the paper from scratch, like tear up the paper, make pulp, that sort of thing! Oh, no, not this girl! I guess you could say I altered it from it's original state! Ha!Ha! Thanks for the high five! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous and so elegant with a lovely colour palette. Glad you are the Guest Designer for this challenge so we can all ooh and aah over this beauty.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! Sara Emily!! I thought you were Jodi Foster!!
    Gorgeous in all it's simplicity my dear!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are absolutely delighted to have you as a guest designer this week, Sara Emily! Your piece is exquisite in its texture and colors. Love the aqua and gold. I think I spy some beautiful embossing and paste too. Love what you did here. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us here at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you here as guest designer Sara - your work is just stunning! You have such a way with vintage, such a talent my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great pleasure to see your fantastic work here, Sara! Brilliant layered card with awesome textures! Absolutely beautiful, my friend! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Sara, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful golden butterfly! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to miss this earlier Sara - just catching up ! Fabulous to see you here as GDT and what a wonderful piece. Such gorgeous texture and colours - fabulous! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sara! I'm sorry to be so late in commenting--long story--but wanted to say that your project is FABULOUS!! You are such a talented artist and I'm so happy you were a guest designer here on Frilly and Funkie
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete