Friday, February 17, 2023

So Many Hearts!

Hello!  Happy belated Valentine's day!  Suzz here, posting about love inspired by the wonderful Tim Holtz Sizzix Stacked Tiles Hearts dies.

The inspiration started from over 30 hearts cut from white cardstock.  They were all spritzed with a mix of pink, yellow, and red mica stain sprays. 


They originally were sprayed a few at a time with different colors.  But then I thought wouldn't it be fun if I created a background by layering them onto a sheet of cardstock and spraying layers of colors.

Then I decided to add another layer of texture and used the Valentine's stencil and opaque distress paste to randomly apply words across the surface.  

After that dried, I laid the stencil back over the words and sponged with red distress ink over the embossed letters to really make them pop out. 

Next up I created a background using the dies as a mask and overlapped them on each other on a sheet of mixed media paper. 


I spritzed over the dies and captured the layered hearts on the background.  Before cleaning the inky spray off of the dies I laid another sheet of mixed media cardstock on top of the dies and picked up the reverse hearts.

Before I started using my hearts on the various cards that I created, I decided to add another layer of texture.  I took some of the hearts and used the sparkle stencil with opaque distress paste to randomly add stars.  I let the paste dry completely and then used the stencil again to sponge on a contrasting ink.  

Then I used them to create a few different Valentine's cards for loved ones.

I added a few die cut letters that were sprayed with the same inky colors to use as embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment