Saturday, September 9, 2023

Janna's Fall Colors

Hello and welcome this week at TFJ Inspiration Ave we are creatingto the theme of “fall colours”. For my project today I’m going to be focussing on the fall colours of Distress. For this card, we are going to be playing with a variety of new Tim Holtz seasonal Halloween colors.

For a process video click here.



To start this card today we are starting with a base layer of distress watercolor cardstock. Then I am adding distress mica spray stains Mulled Cider, Harvest Moon, Tart Cranberry, Jack-o’-Lantern, and Unravelled. First I misted the Watercolour Cardstock with some water from the Distress Sprayer. Then I added on layers of color. Each of the layers I dried with the Ranger Heat Tool.


Below is a finished background. Check out all that shine and sparkle the mica spray stains!


For our next layer, I’m pulling in an old die set, Birch Trees, and altering them with Distress Mica Spray Stain Fallen Acorn and Unravelled.


I attached the layer trees over the top of our background with a few dots of Collage Medium.


Now our focal point is going to need a landing spot so here I am pulling in a number size 5 tag from Ranger. On this tag I’m going to be creating with the Mini Stencil THMS062.


Now to create a small pumpkin patch. Here, I’m going to be using the Distress Pearlescent Crayons: Specimen, Unraveled, and Mulled Cider. I scribbled a little bit of colour onto each part of the stencil and then used my finger to move the colour around to fill in the gaps.


Then I gave the tag a quick blast with the Ranger heat tool before adding a layer of Phantom Distress Mica Spray over the top.


Then I placed the #5 tag over my background, added a piece of crinkle ribbon, dyed with Specimen, to the card base.


Now for the main focal point. For this card, I decided to feature a couple of the Tim Holtz Paper Dolls from Idea-ology, a little girl and her dog.  To add some color to them I used Distress Glaze Chipped Sapphire and Vintage Photo.  Before adding the Distress Glaze, I added some Embossing Ink with the Ranger TH brush tipped Embossing Pen.  Then I sprinkled on the glaze and embossed with an embossing gun. 


Now for the sentiment. Here I am using one of the Idea-ology Quote Chips that I have altered with a dash of Walnut Stain Distress Crayon around the edges.


For some finishing details, I also added in some small leaves onto the card.  I used mini oak and maple leaves from the Sizzix die set Fall Foliage. In the picture below I am showing the box that I keep all of my die cut leaves in. Whenever I have extra scraps, I die, cut them and sort the die cuts into photo boxes and label each box so I can keep track of all the different die cuts that I have on hand.


The last couple of elements that I added included a couple of fall mushrooms, and a few pieces of dried moss as well as a decorative washi tape border.

                           

Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: dunhamtreasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna

Supplies used:

Halloween Distress Mica Spray Stain Set 5

Halloween Distress Mica Spray Stain Set 6 

Halloween Distress Crayons Set 5





Idea-ology Paper Dolls

Idea-ology Quote Chips

Distress Embossing Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment