Thursday, April 10, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Nicola!

Today we are welcoming back Nicola of Paper Profusion, as our Guest Designer. Nicola was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Neglected Dies challenge.

So, let's move to hear from Nicola and also see the beautiful project she's made for the current challenge Flights of Fancy.


I’m Nicola a.k.a. ‘Paper Profusion’ living in Dublin, Ireland.  I’ve loved handicrafts for as long as I can remember, probably inspired by my Mum who excelled at every single crafting technique out there. From very young I was an avid knitter and always enjoyed learning crafts especially ones involving paper. I’m now medically retired however during my ‘career / good health years’ my main creative hobby was photography especially travel/wildlife related. During a time of serious illness, I became hooked on paper crafting as it gave me an outlet to a home based hobby that I could dabble in, at my own pace. I’m particularly drawn to the vintage / shabby chic genres usually adding lots of embellishments and ribbon.


I love creating anything with birds and butterflies so this theme made my card easy for me to do. I’m glad to have finally tucked into the stunning Maja Design papers that I was so fortunate to have recently won.  They are beautiful to work with and it's impossible to choose which side to cut. These papers are from the Vintage Spring collection. 


I hope this little bird’s eggs hatch very soon! Thank-you so much to all at Frilly & Funkie for allowing me feature today as Guest Designer. It’s always a privilege to be associated with this wonderful challenge.

I'm sure you'll agree that Nicola's card is absolutely beautiful and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge Flights of Fancy. If you would like the chance to join us as a Guest Designer all you have to do is join in with the current challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nicola, thanks for sharing this. Stunning composition and gorgeous papers. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this to bits Nicola! The papers have been layered beautifully with lace and I love the 'die cut' nest inside the pocket watch. Thank you so much for being a Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh its gorgeous! I love the way you have used the pocket watch die - fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the pocket watch and the bird's nest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally shabbilicous, Nicola! Brilliant work on that nest! Thanks so much for being our guest designer.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous way to use the pocket watch die Nicola and those Maja papers are gorgeous. I love the little bird's nest, your layering and those wonderful little butterflies too. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicola, once again you have created a piece of rare beauty!! The little nest you created in the center of the pocket watch is so sweet and lovely! I am a huge fan of your work!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete