Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Focus on Buttons!!


A warm welcome to you on this lovely autumn day! I'm thrilled to be here with you for the Friday Focus on buttons. During the next two weeks Linda is generously offering an additional 15% discount on all button products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. My project features wooden buttons but Linda carries a full selection of almost any type of button your heart could desire. Seriously, you can never have too many buttons in your craft stash!


I often embellish my projects with buttons and especially enjoy using them as flower centers, but I wanted to get away from flowers this time around. I adore vintage button cards so I decided to create my own little Button Card Mini Albums.



I started with a stamp from my stash. My apologies for not knowing the manufacturer, but this is a used clear stamp I won on E-bay with no brand markings. I stamped the image in Tattered Rose and Seedless Preserves Distress inks onto Maja Design papers then cut my stamped images to form the button card shape.


Next I adhered coordinating wooden buttons from Linda's shop that I tied off with tiny twine bows. You can create your button cards using any shape you like. A rectangle would be simpler and more traditional. I was just working with what I had on hand.



I cut 5 chipboard pages for each album, covering them in Maja design papers and distressing the edges. All of the inner pages include an area for journaling or a photo mat.



I considered adding flowers and leaves to my covers but ended up loving the simplicity of the button cards. The sweet and shabby buttons needed no additional embellishment.

I punched a hole in each page and attached the albums with ring binders that I primed with Gesso and painted with Antique Linen Distress Paint.



I gave in to one final urge to embellish by adding bows to each album.



Thanks so much for joining me today at Frilly and Funkie. Now it's time to take advantage of that extra 15% discount and re-stock those button boxes! Sending wishes for days filled with crafty fun!

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. I can just imagine giving these beautiful button cards to crafty friends as gifts Nancy! How imaginative and special they are. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Nancy, they are absolutely gorgeous, you have an amazing imagination to come up with such a great idea. Your albums are adorable. This would be a fun project to try and the would make such darling gifts for crafty friends, as Jenny said.
    Hope that you are having a fun day.
    Hugs,
    Su
    -
    x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little button album! What a beautiful to display all those treasure trinkets! You have given me an idea to make something for my sister who collects, of all things, paperclips! Lovely work here; thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweetly shabby - love your approach to highlighting buttons! Lots of lovely eye candy here!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buttons, stamps, papers...all so wonderful and shabby Victorian chic! I love these, Nancy! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever way to use those buttons! What a great idea and the end result looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful way to show off these gorgeous buttons Nancy! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous button albums Nancy - the colours are just wonderful and I love your choice of buttons. A clever idea for an album - thanks for the inspiration! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, I could spend hours going though your posts. I love, love, love it here, your blog is amazing. I really want to learn more about using all of these products. If you could see me now, I am doing my happy dance. Your site is perfect and just what I have been looking for. Thank you:)
    I am your newest follower and I would love to invite you to visit and follow me back. There is nothing more fun than making new friends with sisters with common interests.
    Have a marvelous week, your new blogging sister, Connie :)
    P.S. Do you sell products on your site? If not where is the best site to shop? We do not have a good paper crafting store in our town.

    ReplyDelete