Thursday, May 21, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer - Lucyna

Today we welcome Lucyna (aka Lula) from U Luli as our Guest Designer. Amelia was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'Stencil Mania!' challenge. Let's move on to hear from Lucyna and see what she has made for the current challenge 'Happy, Happy, Happy!!!'


I am thrilled to have been invited to guest design for Frilly and Funky. Thanks bunches Ladies for this opportunity!

A little about me:
My name is Lucyna Marynowska, aka Lula. I come from the north of Poland. Fifty-six, part time working wife, mum of two grown up boys and a happy grandma. I started my crafting journey 3 years ago as a card maker and immediately became an addicted paper-lover. My latest craze is playing with mixed medias and altering things. I love challenges to spark my creativity and I love making crafty friends all over the world!


This is my take on the theme: Happy! Happy! Happy!
I loved doing this wall hanging for three reasons:
1) the metal frame with a gecko was handmade by my son and given to me as a gift
2) metal parts and mixed media are my fav things to work with
3) love nature and wild animals seems to be so happy to me


I primed the thick piece of cardboard with heavy gesso. Then applied texture paste through the stencil. Next it was time to attach the frame with extra heavy gel medium. Time for the best part! I hoard lots of broken jewelry and the gecko received a large amount. Another wash of gesso was given. I have used various paints and inks to colour the whole piece. Sprayed some mists and then rubbed on some metallic gilding wax. I decided to do some stamping and heat embossing to add some interest to the background. The lettering is an altered chipboard. I hope you like my gecko!


I'm sure you'll all agree that Lucyna's altered art piece is amazing!!! Isn't it wonderful that she has been able to start with something hand made by her own son too! Make sure you hop on over to Lucyna's blog HERE to see lots more of her fantastic artwork.

No doubt this has provided you with even more inspiration for the current challenge, 'Happy, Happy, Happy!!!' You'll need to enter it to be in with a chance to join us as a Guest Designer for a future challenge, so what are you waiting for... get happy!!!

And just a quick reminder that this coming Saturday May 23rd DT member Nicole has a fabulous Saturday Step by Step in store for you so make sure you join us for that!

9 comments:

  1. An absolutely incredible transformation of your special metal gecko Lucyna!!! I love how you've built it into the background and added those gorgeous colours and textures. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer today. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Lula! I love the textures in the background and the colours are so dreamy! It is such a treat to have you here as our guest designer today! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing texture and colour! Wonderful work. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lucyna, this piece is so cool, I love what you've done with the gecko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby loves gecko so I showed him your project Lula - he said it looks like a jungle gecko!!!! Whatever it looks like - your Gecko is WONDERFUL. So fun that you used old jewels on him. I was just working on a project with old jewels too. Hope mine is as pretty as yours :) Love your background too. Such a FUN project with lots of personality. Thanks so much for sharing. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously sensational! Thank you so much Lucyna for sharing this amazing creation with our visitors. It made me happy just to look at it. Beautiful textures and colors. A really wonderful art piece. Thanks again for being our guest designer this week. We are so happy to have you playing along with our challenges!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gecko! They do hang around upside down like that on the screen around my brothers' patio in Florida. I was amazed by them! I am impressed with your son's talent making the gecko and frame. And then what you did with it! I love all the texture and colors, and how you used the old jewelry. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How stunning is this?!! Gorgeous colours and amazing design xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic piece of art Lucyna! The texture and layers of colour are gorgeous! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete