Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Guest Designer - Carole Jones

The Funkie Junkie Boutique welcomes Carole Jones (Craftilicious Creations) as our first Guest Designer for 2022. Carole was the Design Team's top choice for the Yuletide Delights challenge in December.


Hello, I'm Carole from the North West of England. I am delighted to be Guest Designer for the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge. From an early age, I loved to get messy and make things and so over the years I've tried my hand at lots of different crafts including sewing, embroidery, crochet, knitting, cross stitch, batik and mosaic making. These days, however, I enjoy paper crafting and, in particular, mixed-media paper crafting with all the diverse 'sub-crafts' that mixed-media entails. I can happily spend hours in my craft room, losing all track of time. And, most probably like you, I spend an absolute fortune on craft supplies and yet still have an extensive, ever-growing wish list. I have quite an eclectic taste from cute and whimsical to shabby chic and vintage. I hope you'll pop over to visit my blog to see what I make.
My 'Icy and Cold' project is a pair of tags featuring the beautiful, vintage paper dolls. I made the tag base using PaperArtsy paints, heat embossed AALL & Create stamps and grit paste through a Tim Holtz stencil. I added die cuts, chipboard and Impresslit elements to make a cluster and topped each with a paper doll. You'll find the details on my blog post.


* * *
Aren't these tags wonderful? The details are just exquisite, and we love the die cut and Impresslit snowflakes. Thank you, Carole, for sharing your inspiration for the "Icy and Cold" challenge, and for being our first Guest Designer of 2022.

Make sure you check out Craftilicious Creations to find out more about Carole's work. Then come on back and share your 'Icy and Cold' projects with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, February 8th.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me to be a guest designer on your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so happy to have you, Carole! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us.

      Delete