Saturday, February 26, 2022

Saturday Showcase - Stampers Anonymous Floral Outlines Stamp

Hello fellow Junkies. It's Teri with TerisMailbox here, sharing a product for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. As soon as Tim released The Floral Outlines stamp, I was smitten. Today I am sharing six different cards, all using the Floral Outlines Stamp.


I have a video here documenting the process.


I'll run through photos of the six cards and link the products below each one.


This is the easiest technique. Simply use your ink pads to ink up the various colors on the leaves and blooms, spritz with water and stamp on Distress Watercolor paper. Lightly spritz a second time and stamp in another area. Splatter the ink on the background, choose a sentiment and attach to an A2 cardbase.


Products used:
Random Quotes CMS182

This card started with ink smooshing on Distress Watercolor Paper using Bundled Sage Distress Ink. Stamp the floral image with Black Archival ink and watercolor the floral images to add color depth.


Use the ledger stamp to add texture to the background using The Peeled Paint Mini Archival Ink Pad. Stamp the sentiment with Peeled Paint and mount on an A2 cardbase.

Products used:
Good Thoughts Stamp CMS085
Ledger Stamp CMS241


Here is a different take on watercolor stamping, smooshing and water coloring. Use the Distress Ink pads as in the first example to ink the stamp up and spritz with water and stamp onto Distress Watercolor Paper. Spray water over the image and lit the inks wick. Once dry, watercolor the images with Distress Inks (colors listed below). Ink smoosh the background with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.


Stamp the sentiment and add to an A2 card base. A little black bling adds a fun touch.

Products used:
Way With Words Stamp CMS165


I switched over to Alcohol Inks for this card. After stamping the Floral Images on a heavy Vellum using Jet Black Archival Ink, I laid the piece on my glass mat and added Mushroom Alcohol Ink and worked it around the blooms as well as I could.


I used several warm color Alcohol Inks from my stash as well as Moss Alcohol Ink to paint the floral images. The alcohol and the inks did make the image run slightly. Next time, I'll try to paint on the reverse side to preserve the stamp outlines. Stamp the sentiment and add to an A2 cardbase.

Products used
Random Thoughts Stamp CMC182
Heavy Vellum
Miscellaneous Alcohol Inks from my stash


Here is another simple card. After ink smooshing and drying the background, Stamp the sentiment and the floral image with Archival Ink.


Mount on an A2 card base and you are good to go.

Products used:
Life Quotes Stamp CMS227


This card is all stamping and had so much texture, I decided not to add a sentiment. This cards starts with another stamped image similar to the first card. I did spritz more water and let the stamp sit on the Watercolor paper so it spread a little.


I ink smooshed around the image and dried the piece. Using the Ledger Stamp, I added texture to the background. I also added ink to the edges for additional depth.

Products used:
Ledger Stamp CMS241

I hope I've inspired you to try these techniques!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites: Facebook, Instagram and You Tube all called TerisMailbox! Be well, Be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment