Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Guest Designer - Morena Hockley

The Funkie Junkie Boutique is delighted to welcome Morena Hockley of Morena's Corner, the winner of our recent Chillin' in the Heat challenge.  Morena is joining us this week as our guest designer for our Stamped With Love challenge.  


Ciao amici! My name is Morena Hockley and I'm cackling with joy to be the guest designer joining you today. You can find me at Morena's Corner where I share lots of craft tutorials for a variety of projects. I especially love to work with thrifted items to turn them into something new and fun! I'm tickled that my recycled box was chosen as the winner of the last challenge. That creepy clown box showcases some of my favorite things: upcycling, rustic and shabby design and Halloween! This is my favorite time of the year, and when I was invited to share a new project with you all my mind immediately went to this spooky yet sweet project. 



This 3-D card was made by combining a cut file from Furrow and Feather with a variety of Tim Holtz products. Instead of using the background cut files that came with the project, I used TIm Holtz stamps, distress inks and distress embossing powders to create textured "wallpaper" and the alchemy sign on the wall. I added texture to the cat and the cauldron by using Tin Holtz embossing ink and distress embossing powders. The book cover was stamped with an old Tim Holtz Halloween set I have in my craft stash, and the entire card was grunged up with distress ink. I finished off the piece with some Poly-Fil glued on to make "smoke", a little bit of dried moss and some shrink plastic jars filled with things every witch must have in her kitchen!


A huge thank you to Morena for sharing a stamped project with some of her favorite Tim Holtz stamps!  What are your favorite Tim Holtz stamps?  We would be delighted for you to share your favorites with us.  Our Stamped With Love challenge has another week to run so there is still time to join in our challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment