Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Mood Board Challenge & Lyla's Halloween Journal

Hello again from Inspiration Ave. We are back with a new two-week challenge for our Design Team.  This is the second challenge for our new Inspiration Ave format.  Our first go-round was a little sparse on the inspiration.  It took us a bit to get into the groove.  But we have more photos and details now to get your ideas flowing.  

At the bottom of the post, Lyla has a list of items she used in her project that are sold at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  If you post a project on social media using one or more of the items in the list, please tag us at @thefunkiejunkie.  On the first day of the each month, we will draw a winner for a $25 gift certificate to shop at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Here is our new challenge.  This time our team member Laura has given us a Mood Board challenge.

Lyla is the first to post. Here is her project with her own words:
This is the Mood Board Laura came up with and I fell in love with that blue door, yet chose to get drawn in by that lower right corner of... weird and spooky?

I started with this paper that I had in my stash paper drawer. I'd picked it up randomly thinking it was just too wild NOT to. One of those "I have no idea what I'm getting it for, but I'll think of something, sometime" things. I dug through until I found enough to use for this project. I think it matched the lower right corner of the Mood Board in illusionary looks.

While I had enough Tim Halloween stuff leftover from last year, I simply could not resist the NEW TIM HALLOWEEN IDEAOLOGY! (The Eileen Hull Book Die is also new Chapter 3! You'll see this used soon, too!) Who can resist Happy Mail from The Funkie Junkie Boutique?!?!

To begin my book, I used my Eileen Hull extras for the EH Folio Journal Die. I like to get my pages out of the way because they are much simpler to do than the cover.

I did use the corners for added pockets. (These add-on Eileen Hull Dies are not available.)
I chose another stash stack of scraps to look through and found this paper. I feel like I am cleaning out a bit to make room for MORE TIM STUFF!! lol! This shows layering the sides of the Folio's cover. *NOTE: The Folio has very long sides that make another fold. I simply cut that off to make a shorter book from the same die.
This paper had a back and front that was the same, but opposite color.
After getting the cover together, it was time to layer in the pocket pages.
I cut 3 pages from the stash papers with this EH Passport Die (retired). Otherwise, it's easy to simply cut a regular page thinner to use as these middle pages.
I cut tag shapes out along with their reinforcers- to go into the pockets.
There were quite a lot of small bits that just fit for this project- with almost nothing left!
Not enough time.... and NEVER enough TIM STUFF!!!
The new 2022 TH Vellums are even better than the 2021, in moho.
I always score my book pages again and also scored the TH Vellum so it would fold into the book.
Making the foam shapes stay on the pen springs is easy: 1) cut two of the same shape 2) pull the end of the spring point up- apart from the main body 3) use that point to poke through one of the two shapes 4) flatten the point back to the main spring coil 5) use wet glue, like Glossy Accents, to aheare the second shape on top of the first to hide the spring.
Once you have it poking through, smash it flat and then patch it up (patch shown just left of wire).
This is a strange angle, but it shows how tape keeps flat (main book in top half), and wet glues can warp (the smaller with the clock)
I was waiting on my new TH Watercolor Pencils, but they got here after I left for NY. Meanwhile.... TH Distress Crayons never disappoint! You can see I found a (very retired) TH Cabinet Card in which a photo from the Halloween Paper Dolls fit right into it, for the perfect cover embelishment. A few (retired) TH Black Halloween Roses made this dress coloring pop. A very tiny TH Mirrored Heart (also retired) colored with Wild Plum Alcohol Ink, gave her wealth.
This was the backside of the much older TH Cabinet Card- too sweet not to show!

Are you ready for the results? Here is the front.
And the back
And a special surprise if you hop over to my blog A Chief's Wife's Heart's 'aFire. Scroll to the bottom of my post. There is a video of the inside of the book! 

Here are some of the products I used that are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:







No comments:

Post a Comment