Friday, January 13, 2023

Tim Holtz Papercut Café - New Everyday Collection from Sizzix

 This week we are focusing on the new Tim Holtz Everyday Collection of Sizzix dies. There are so many wonderful new dies to explore but this week I wanted to focus on Papercut Café.

Today I will be creating two cards featuring cards I made using Papercut Café. For instructional video click here.


Used: Alcohol Inks Laguna, Glacier, Cobalt, stamp set CMS447 Botanic Collage, Alcohol Lift Ink, AI Blending Solution, AI blower tool, Yupo paper, Distress ink Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon, Distress Reinker Speckled Egg and Walnut Stain, Idea-ology stickers, Idea-ology Black Kraft Stock, Distress White Heavystock paper, Distress Foundry Wax.


To start this card, I am working with a Yupo base and some alcohol inks which include Glacier, Laguna, and Vineyard. I dripped into a piece of Yupo paper and then added Alcohol Ink Blending Solution. I then moved the ink around with a Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Blower. 


Once I had my base layer of alcohol ink I then decided to use a drip technique with rubbing alcohol 90%. Here I filled a mini mister with Isopropyl.


Then I sprayed the isopropyl across the top of the card (WARNING: wear a mask and do not breathe in droplets) and let it drip down onto a paper towel. By letting the rubbing alcohol flow and drip, this creates a very interesting wash on the Yupo paper. This technique I learned from a Tim Holtz Saturday live.


Next I cut down the background to 4” x 5 1/4” and placed it on a black background of kraft stock.


Next I will be embellishing the background using some Alcohol Lift ink. This will also give us a second background for another card. The stamps that I’m going to be using for the lift ink is CMS447 botanic collage.


I placed the stamps on an acrylic block and then applied good firm pressure to my background with the stamp. Then I lifted the ink off of the background and used a paper towel to press over the background and lift off any residual ink. After pressing and lifting several times with a paper towel I was unable to gently, finish the paper and remove the remainder of the lifting to reveal this beautiful ghostly image below.


Here we have the ink that I have lifted from the first background and then stamped onto some distress White Heavystock paper. I absolutely love how the alcohol ink has transfused and created a gradient in the stamped image.


On our second background, I then added some Distress ink over the top of the lifted alcohol ink. Here I added some Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon which I blended onto the paper with a dome foam and Mini Blending Tool. 


When I was done blending, I then added some droplets of water from a distress sprayer over the card background. I then dried off the water droplets to get this cool distressed look with the Ranger heat tool.


Now back to the first card background. Here I added a rectangle of up cycled waxed paper to act as a landing zone for my main focal point. It's attached with a couple of squares of sticky foam. The rectangle is cut at 3” x 2 inches. 


For the second card base, I added a black rectangle of kraft stock cut to the same dimensions.


Now it is time to assemble our main focal points featuring the die cut Papercut Café.


For diecutting, I’m going to be using some distressed White Heavystock and the embossing folder Botanical. Over the top of the embossing I am also going to be adding some Distress Foundry Wax Gilded.


Placing some Gilded Foundry Wax onto the medium, I gently brushed the Foundry Wax onto the background, trying to only hit the high points of the embossing.


After the foundry wax was applied, I added heat from embossing gun to get this beautiful, gilded look.


The other pieces I die cut out of a scrap of Distress Watercolor paper. Then I added some colour with Distress Reinkers Speckled Egg and Walnut Stain.


Assembling the little cups of coffee was super easy. These diecuts come in four pieces to be assembled together. The two base layers I used the pieces embellished with the embossing folder and then I added steam pieces after.


The coffee cups also came with some super cute saucers. These I also cut out of the embossed altered paper.


For finishing touches, I added a little curl of steam coming out of each coffee cup.


For sentiment I added some Idea-ology Label Stickers to the cards. Below are the finished results.

No comments:

Post a Comment