Monday, January 2, 2023

Year in Review - Highlight Your Favorite Product From 2022 - Teri


Teri Wilson - TerisMailbox

Hello friends - posting for The Funkie Junkie Boutique with my favorite Tim Holtz Product of 2022. This was a tough one as I loved so many of his products for 2022. I settled on the Botanic Garden Stamp set from Stampers Anonymous colored with Distress Watercolor Pencils. Too much fun! 


I have a video here if you prefer to watch (https://youtu.be/4P-BwXb46mE):


I trimmed a piece of Distress Watercolor Paper to the size of the Mini Etcetera Tag.

I them moved onto one of my favorite techniques Ink Smooshing. I ended up making two tags with different ink smooshed backgrounds. The first background used Tumbled Glass, Speckled Egg and Pumice Stone. The final one pictured above replaced Pumice Stone with Weathered Wood.

Once the smooshed inks were dry, I started stamping the images.


The one on the right is the first one I stamped. Pumice Stone on the first smooshed background. After stamping, I realized that it would be difficult to watercolor the image due to the wicking properties of distress, so I started over with a second smooshed background - the one on the left.

I used Hickory Smoke Distress Ink to ink the words on the stamps and stamped them on the tag shaped Distress Watercolor paper.


Using my new Distress Watercolor Pencils, I dipped the pencils in water and colored the corresponding areas on the stamps. Peeled Paint was perfect for the leaves, Wilted Violet and Salvaged Patina for the blooms.

After coloring the stamps, I spritzed with water and stamped the images.


Once the images were dry, I stamped additional verbiage using the Ledger Stamp with Hickory Smoke to fill in the background.

Using my Pixie Craft Sewing Machine, I stitched around the edges in a wavy fashion for fun. I used the Observations stamp for the sentiments (the main reason I bought this set). Uncharted Mariner was a great contrast to the current images. When I want the embossed look for verbiage, I stamp with Distress inks using my stamp positioner and then restamp using Embossing Ink and clear embossing powder.


After attaching the finished tag to the Etcetera Tag, I used Uncharted Mariner Distress Ink to dye the ribbon and ink the edges.  The first tag will be used for a later project.

By the way, I published another video using the Botanic Collage Set. That Link is Here: https://youtu.be/YLYKPcorXRg



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'd love to have you follow/subscribe on my social media sites InstagramFacebookBlogger and You Tube.  Be well. Be creative!

Products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment