Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Lisa's Lovin' the Artsy Leaves!

Hello Funkie Junkie fans! Lisa Hoel here. Our latest theme is "Cut It Out" – using Tim Holtz's latest collection of Sizzix dies. The new ones are so cool! Let's see what I created…

a shaker card made using the Artsy Leaves and Layered Dots Die Sets!

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Boutique  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #mymakingstory #tim_holtz #thefunkiejunkieboutique #sizzix
Lovin' the Artsy Leaves!


First I started by having a play with Distress Sprays and Distress Mica Sprays (old and new colors.) For color inspiration, I looked to a new pottery coffee mug I recently acquired. I love the glaze colors on it. I used the backgrounds I created for the card base and to cut leaves out of.


Bonus card! I created so many leaves that I had enough to create an extra card.

Lisa Hoel for The Funkie Junkie Boutique  #creativejuicefreshsqueezed  #mymakingstory #tim_holtz #thefunkiejunkieboutique #sizzix

Here are a few behind the scenes pics and a technique you can use to increase the uses you can get out of your dies.

1 – This is a classic trick but it never hurts to get a reminder. ;-) Cut shapes out of fun foam (adhesive backed foam is especially convenient). Apply the foam to scrap plastic packaging and use it to stamp. I made two stamps from the Layered Dots set and stamped the backgrounds of both cards using Distress Oxide Inks. (Paint works well too!)



2 – Here's a peek of the shaker "insides" and how I laid out the foam tape.



3 – I added hand stitching with thin string around the edges. I punched the holes first with the template in the Tim Holtz ruler and then stitched.


Thanks for stopping by. Keep an eye here on the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog 
because you are now getting regular doses of expanded (and inspiring) content each week. Don't miss it…

Supplies used:

Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Layered Dots
Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Artsy Leaves
Tim Holtz Die Set - Bold Text #1
Tim Holtz Die Set - Decorative Trims

Distress Archival Ink - Black Soot
Distress Mica Spray - used many, old and new!
Distress Spray - so many of them!
Distress Oxide Spray - so many of them!
Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Bundled Sage, Antique Linen
Ranger Distress Heavystock - White

fun foam
foam tape
clear plastic
sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment