Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Focus - Distress Glitters

Hi everyone. Jenny here with your Friday Focus here at Frilly and Funkie. This fortnight it's the turn of Distress Glitters to have an extra 15% discount applied at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I decided to show you that they are not just for Christmas by creating a summery and very feminine card (you can click on the photos to see each of them in more detail).


It started with an Archival Reinker background using Cornflower Blue, a touch of Fern Green and some Surgical Spirits/Rubbing Alcohol on Specialty Stamping Paper. The great thing about these backgrounds is that no two are ever the same and they are quick to make.


Next, the stencilling. I wanted a contrasting pattern inside an oval so made my own stencil by using the largest of the Movers and Shapers oval dies through some of the acetate packaging. Using both parts I applied three flavours of Distress Ink and some Brushed Pewter Distress Paint through several Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi stencils.


Now for the Distress Glitter. I added Translucent Embossing Paste through the Vintage Floral stencil, then poured small amounts of glitter over the different areas with a little spoon. I mixed my own colour for the flowers using the Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet versions.


Once the paste had dried I ran a white gel pen around the internal stencilled lines of the flowers and larger leaves to add extra definition. The finishing touches included stamping the sentiment from the Heirloom Art stamp set, and flicking splatters of Brushed Pewter Distress Paint over the whole card.


Don't you just love the way the Translucent Paste grabs the Distress Glitter? And the great thing is it will work through any of your stencils. So if your stocks are running low or you only have those 'festive' shades why not add to your collection whilst the 15% Friday Focus discount applies. Find them now at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Have a great, glittery weekend and take care of yourselves,
Jenny xxx


22 comments:

  1. Jenny this is gorgeous and shows how well the can be used to create a really soft and delicate effect as well and more chunky effects. They blend so well and you have shown that off perfectly here x a gorgeous make x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really a fan of glitters but they look so cool here against the stencilled background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea, such a beautiful elegant card, delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as ever Jenny, What I can't get over is the depth of textures and interesting features you have on this card just with layering different mediums and using loads of techniques rather than layering actual cardstock and elements. Genius at work! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh thank you Mo! It's always a risk in this world of multi-media doing one layer projects and I'm so glad you like it x

      Delete
  5. I agree with Mo, you are a genius at work! I love this beautiful creation and the way you have incorporated the glitter - and I bet it does not rub off either. A really, really beautiful card Jenny - love the splats too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne. And boy are you right - the translucent paste positively grabs hold of the glitter and won't let go! x

      Delete
  6. Stunning card Jenny....I love the wonderful colour combination and the great techniques you have incorporated. The effect of the glitters really adds to this feminine project

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation! I love the muted look of the distress glitter, it goes beautifully with your background! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous combination of skills and techniques resulting in this delicious card Jenny. I love the texturing and layers you've created.... I think I may have to get my glitters out! Fab!! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The color combo is just stunning. The layers create a wonderful depth of light and shadow. Embossing paste and glitter, who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Jenny!! I love the colours and textured layers ... totally awesome!! Glitter is usually so 'in your face' but here it is lovely and soft and subtle ... love it!! Absolutely awesome!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenny, I love your mix of Distress Glitters to achieve a gorgeous flower! All the layers add up to one beautiful textured card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, Jenny!! I love your background techniques, color scheme, and that wonderful sparkling flower!! You have inspired me to go get glittery.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card Jenny and great use of those glitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is brilliant! Just love those layers…..and the glitter finish….well……just beautiful! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny, I can't believe how stunning this is!! There is so much to see. I must have looked at each photo a dozen times each, and every time I noticed something new every time. You're right, I usually only use glitter at Christmas, but this is the definition of thinking out of the box! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooo pretty, Jenny! Your colors are so muted, then up pops your glittery flower--I wish I could run my fingers over this!! It's just full of glorious textures!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally inspiring Jenny, this is another of your wonderful unique and creative cards Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous textures and layers - love the glitter on the translucent paste - so clever!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete