Thursday, July 17, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Terry!

Today we are welcoming Terry of Terry's Work in Progress, as our Guest Designer. Terry was chosen by the DT as the winner of the 'Just CASE It!' challenge. Let's find out more about Terry and the beautiful project she has created for this fortnight's challenge.


Since becoming an active blogger in 2010 I have had the privilege to be on several Design Teams including being right here with Frilly and Funkie. I have learned that this hobby constantly evolves and opens ups so many doors for creative expression and opportunities. The artistic world is so generous in sharing knowledge and inspiring all of us to move forward and enjoy the journey! I am honored to have been asked to be a Guest Designer with my friends at Frilly and Funkie.


Living in the desert, the "Cool Water" challenge theme was just what I needed to bring down the temperature! I decided to use the Boardwalk Stamps from Artistic Outpost, which were stamped with Archival Watering Can and Black, colored with Distress and also a little water-coloring. The tag background was masked off in areas to create a land "cool water" effect and then the sky in lighter shades of blue with many flicked water drops! I added a few seashells and dyed cheesecloth to finish.


I'm sure you will agree that Terry's project is superb and will have given you lots more inspiration for the current challenge 'Cool Water...'. We are so pleased to have welcomed back to Frilly and Funkie for this Guest appearance. Make sure you hop on over to Terry's blog to see more of her fabulous work.

If you would like the opportunity to join us as a Guest Designer too all you need to do is join in with the current challenge HERE.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tag project Terry! A dip in that sea is incredibly tempting!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry's project is fabulous, I would love to own a beach hut like that one! The design and colours are wonderful and the addition of the fabric and shells makes you just want to reach out and touch them..... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I would love to own a beach hut like that and get away from this desert heat! Thank you. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. It was such a pleasure to be back with Frilly and Funkie and thank you so much for the opportunity! I do have to say it was kind of a shock to see me looking at me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey is that Terry Horrall from AO?? I love the Boardwalk set from AO and LOVE Terry's style!! Fabulous 'Cool Water' design...I'm feeling cooler already!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shari and yes it is me from AO! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and by all means, keep cool! Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Woohoo, so great to have you back with us, Terry! We are so pleased to have you as our guest designer for this challenge. LOVE the tag you made with the fabulous Boardwalk set from Artistic Outpost! Such a "cool" piece!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to visit, Linda! Glad you enjoyed my "cool water" tag. Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Terry,
    Your vintage seaside tag is wonderful. It makes me long for bygone days and holidays by the sea. The layering and texture you have added is breathtaking. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete