Thursday, July 10, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Katy!

Today we welcome back Katy of 'Postcards from the Attic', chosen as the Design Team's winner of the 'For All Our Fathers' challenge. Let's find out more about Katy and see her fantastic project...


I’ve been papercrafting for about nine years now and my love for it (and ability to shop for stash!) doesn’t diminish. I am totally nuts about stamping and my fave all time product is Distress Inks – I use them on almost everything. I live in the Midlands with my beloved mutt and hubbie. I love making 3D items (it’s rare I create a card) so I stayed in my comfort zone here with a canvas. I do what I do simply for love - crafting makes me happy!


First off I feel I should confess that this is my third attempt at this challenge – mojo was obviously having an off day. I think I was trying to go too orange initially – I am much happier with the accent summer shades in this make. I wanted my colours bold and strong – as they appear in summer sun – and so I had a play with my Inktense Blocks. I used them straight from the box like a palette to create these intense, vivid flowers.


I combined my love of stamping with my newest crafty venture – jewellery making – and created wire stems and tendrils for my flowers. I love the texture this gives my canvas. I decided to have my stamped panel overhang the canvas top and bottom for a more asymmetrical look and backed it with grey patterned paper so the blues and oranges could pop. The flowers and bottle are adhered with silicone glue to make them lovely and 3D.

Hope you like my make. More detail can be found on my blog: http://postcardsfromtheattic.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm sure you'll all agree that Katy's project is absolutely superb! If you would like to join us as a Guest Designer then all you need to do to be in with a chance is join in with the current challenge 'Summer Heat!'

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project Katy. I love the whole drama of those vibrant flowers in a bottle against that muted yet intricate background. Superb wire work and so much attention to the smallest of details. So inspiring! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!! Love the wire detail.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvas! I love the intensity of the colors. And, the wire stems are a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great project and the twirls of green wire really caught my eye..I love wire ..and green is now on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is beautiful Katy, I love the intense colour on the flowers and the tendrils of wire look wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project and I love how your wire work and accents of orange lift the whole project to give it the wow factor.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational canvas, Katy! I love the bright colors against the gray background. The flowers are especially beautiful as is the bright blue bottle. So pleased to have you aboard this week as our guest designer and what lovely eye candy you have provided for our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful canvas, Katy!! Your cheery flowers really pop against the lovely background and those wire stems are absolutely inspired! I'd love to see a tutorial on how you did your wire work:-))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful canvas, Katy!! So bright and happy and cheerful! Congrats on your GD gig here @ Frilly & Funkie!! YAY!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete