Thursday, July 31, 2014

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Bonnie!

Today we welcome Bonnie McLain of Love, Light and Peace as our Guest Designer. Bonnie was chosen by the DT as the winner of the Summer Heat challenge. Let's move on to find out more about Bonnie and see her fantastic project!


I am so very honored to be a guest designer for Frilly and Funkie…

So very nice… Thanks again…

I have been creating art since a small child of about 6-7 when I started to design booklets for my paper dolls.. .LOL… do you remember all those days… actually very vintage now… would like to have some of those paper dolls back here in my hands now… For quite a few years, I have been teaching, healing with art (art therapist for 7 years) and doing professional art of all kinds since I was 16 years young… Creating has always been a huge pleasure… paper arts, painting, designing fabrics and fashions in NYC… drawing, knitting, spinning, sewing, making jewelry, hand crafted items for our own business of country gifts. So many things and each one I love more than the next. Multi media has really given me many wonderful hours of playing and creating… and even though it is at the present time my very favorite, I am always open to a new ART ADVENTURE.…

Thanks again for asking me to share with you something that I hope you will enjoy… this is one of the classes I have taught in the past… and each persons suitcase comes out so very different… and when I was told VINTAGE TRAVEL… I instantly thought of making a vintage suitcase… SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Okay… so which one do I do… male, female, unisex, child’s, fun, funkie, wild…. And the lists goes on and on… So here is the Manly Man Vintage Traveler... when you go to my blog, you will see many more…hope you enjoy… Love, Light and Peace… Bonnie


This little suitcase is really easy to make... I start off with two pieces of chipboard/cardboard and if I want the suitcase to be 4X5 inches... I cut a piece that is 6x7 and score one inch in all the way around... and cut the corners out... now you have the top and you should make the bottom the same.


Cover these two pieces and then make inserts that are about 1/2 inch taller to fit inside the bottom of the box... this will give you the side panels to hold the top in place... so very easy...
Hope you all understand that.


Then you have to add embellishments... a handle, also something to hinge the back and then pack for a trip... LOL..

I'm sure you'll agree that Bonnie's suitcase is absolutely fantastic! If you'd like to join us as a Guest Designer all you need to do is join in with the current challenge, 'Vintage Travel'.

30 comments:

  1. Love your wonderful suitcase Bonnie!!! Great to see you featured here and find out a little more about you!! (I have the feeling we are quite kindred souls)...
    Off to see more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my kindred SOUL... thanks so very much for you kind words here and also on my blog... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Yay to Bonnie! Congrats on the DT spot ;) all deserved! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my friend Ingrid... I have enjoyed this greatly... Love. Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you here, Bonnie. Lovely suitcase, have been wanting to make one for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks so very much Rupa... and I hope you will make a suitcase... if you need help... please write to me.. I will try and talk you thru it... they are so much fun to make. Love to see it when you are finished also.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic idea and so wonderful to find out more about you Bonnie! Thank you so much for sharing your immense creativity with us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenny... there is so much more to hear about me... but I don't need to tell all... LOL.. I love to play and as I told you previously... I am ADDICTED... not afraid to admit it either.. .LOL... thanks again... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Bonnie and thank you for sharing this lovely project , also your bio.

    Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie... I am glad you enjoyed it... and hope that sometime I will again be able to share with all. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  6. Bonnie they are all so gorgeous, it's given me a great idea for our daughter In laws 40th, it's not until next march but that gives me plenty of time to find all the parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jan.. I am sure that the Funkie Junkie will have all your needs for supplies... and as for time... they are so very much fun to make and put things into them... I made one yesterday and put flowers in it... as it was going to a friend who needed that kind of surprise... she will love it... you will have fun making this one I am sure.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  7. What an absolutely cool piece of art, Bonnie. I thought of a suitcase too for this challenge, but could never have come up with anything nearly so wonderful. So delighted to have you this week as our guest designer here at Frilly & Funkie. Thanks so much for sharing a little of your background and wonderful art with us!

    Hugs,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda you are so very kind and loving. I love to make these little suitcases... and had a hard time deciding which to put up... but glad that you enjoyed it ... and I hope to do this again when possible... Love your site... thanks for letting me share.. .Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  8. What a fantastic project! I love your little suitcase and the whole idea of making one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Maryanne... I am so very glad you love my little suitcase... I hope maybe you will make one too... they are fun to make and also to give to friends and family... one year I gave one to each of our kids and they loved it... also the check inside as well.. LOL.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  9. Your suitcase is fantastic and so vintage looking. I loved reading about you and finding out you are a Bonnie of all trades - art trades, that is :) How fun to have been able to follow your passion from when you were a child. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cec... I have followed my passion and still am and I hope will continue to until the end of times... I have enough to keep me going for a very long time... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  10. Your suitcase project is amazing Bonnie, love how you decorated it and those little embellishments inside are so cute. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so very much Anne... I had fun creating it and also deciding which one to use for this. I love to create fun things... as you do too... Love all your creations as well.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  11. How fabulous Bonnie, wonderful project, the interior is gorgeous! Great to hear a bit more about you as well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth.. I have fun and love to play and play and play some more... getting ready for a group tomorrow to play also... fun times... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  12. How just freaking awesome is this travel bag! I love it and want to make it as well! Thanks so much for sharing and giving step by step so we can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy that you enjoyed this... would love to see what you create too... they are fun to make and I love making them all the time... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, what an amazing suitcase and tutorial!! It has a wonderful and authentic 'vintage travel' feel. It is an absolute treasure! Thank you so much for guest designing with us!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nancy and thanks also for your lovely E-mail. I hope to see the ones you create too... I DO love creating them... and one is more fun than the last one... Thanks again. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  15. Bonnie....I LOVE your gorgeous suitcase. Beautifully done. You are so talented. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I am so very glad you love it... I do LOVE making them.. that is for sure... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  16. This looks fabulous Bonnie. Congrats on your guest design spot. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Nicola... I appreciate your kind words... I did have enjoy it... and hope to do it again.. .Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete