Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Focus - Brett Weldele stamps

Trace here as it is my turn for the Friday Focus and I am so lucky as the focus is the Brett Weldele stamps, with an extra 15% discount available for the next fortnight at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. He has an amazing style and I loved his stamps from the first set he brought out in collaboration with Tim Holtz. He now has some more sets released and they are great fun. I decided to make lots of pieces to show how versatile they are and not do a Step x Step. Hopefully you will fall in love with these stamps as much as I have and this will give you lots of ideas for using them. Just click on each picture for a closer look. So here goes...

The first pieces come from this set;

I wanted to show how this main image could be used so differently and suit all tastes so here she is;


For this card I coloured here using distress markers and a waterbrush, picking up the colour from scribbled patches on my craft sheet and I have used this method to colour all these images as I love the effect you can create. I left the torn bottom, added a stamped greeting and used Tim Holtz paper stack for the card background, so a simple make.

Now here she is a little differently!


This has lots more to it and I have added the wings for her from the same set. Lots of Idea-ology, papers and a grungy metal background make her look so very different. This is mounted on an mdf board but could easily be a larger card. Now for the next set...


This set really captured my heart as soon as it was released as I just loved the main image...


I love this guy and have coloured, added to a paper and inky background and then added these cool tentacles...they are so great. Lots of Idea-ology and Prima embellishments finish this mdf backed piece.


I have used him before here. Now for the cars...


I created a watery looking background using stains and inks for this and then added the fab tentacles again to give a sea/ waves idea. And now here is how the car looks in a very different firey colour scheme, well out of my comfort zone...



Now for the next set. I love the main image here and love the fact that he can be used with or without his monkey!


Here he has got in touch with his romantic and softer side and lost the monkey...


I used lots of Idea-ology, Distress inks and seam binding to make this card.


And you wouldn't notice his missing monkey... which I cut away ..


And here is a piece I did a while back as a Step x Step, complete with monkey;


Then to show a him looking a little sterner and making use of the fab instruments too...




There are lots more sets and here are a few more ideas;


Details of this are here.
And last one... details here.


Hopefully this has given you lots of ideas about how much fun these stamps are to work with. Make sure you pop across to the The Funkie Junkie Boutique as all the stamps are already up to 20% under RRP and for the next two weeks Brett Weldele stamps will have an additional 15% off, so it's definitely time to grab a bargain and get inky!

Keep those fingers inky !
Trace x



 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing work Trace, so much inspiration. Love them all, great stamps too! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fantastic ideas here Trace! Need more of these sets now... Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! I love the new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great ideas you've presented here Trace! I have the Ships Captain set, since I've long been a fan of those classic pirate movies, but I think I'll have a close look at some of the other sets now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Trace, you certainly have worked your magic with those fabulous stamps. This post is a real feast for the eyes - wonderful work. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have been busy Trace a you are so very creative not to mention GOOD!! I love everything you did!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous FF Trace! Lots of brilliant ideas. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant to see all these different makes Trace - they're fabbo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cool projects - I love what you do with these stamps, Trace!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have outdone yourself, Trace! I love the way you have used the stamps in so many different styles, and your coloring technique is fabulous! Thank you so much for all the amazing inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete