Thursday, September 25, 2014

Welcome back today's Guest Designer, Bonnie!

Today we are welcoming back Bonnie of Love, Light and Peace as our Guest Designer. Bonnie was chosen as the DT winner of the challenge A Summer Garden. Let's hear from Bonnie and see her wonderful project!


Hi, my Name is Bonnie McLain… and at times I am referred to as Love, Light and Peace… Bonnie.. (that is the way I have signed my name for a long long time now).

I am very proud and Honored to be the GUEST DESIGNER today for Frilly and Funkie… this Design Team has so very much going for it… and I love the challenges… they are so very inspiring and creative that I get really excited… I love doing this Guest Designer part… but LOVE doing the challenges too… so jump on up and go start to create something for this one… SPOOKY is what it is all about… I have been in the art field for over 50 years… and have done a lot of different professional types of art, such as; Fashion design, fabric design, in New York City Garment district… Art therapy in psychiatric Hospitals; Designed and manufactured a line of country gifts that my Husband and I produced from Aromatic Red Cedar and created a Cottage Industry for over 40 people. I have designed and also manufactured a line of hand wrapped jewelry. So I have been in the art business and field for a lovingly long time. I love it now more than ever, as it is all fun and games. I presently teach and have a nice studio in my home. What could be more perfect.

Doing challenges is a fun and learning experience for me in so many ways… and also meeting people from around the world. I have been on Design Teams, and also had web sites and Blogs for over 12 years now… All very exciting… I personally feel that once we stop learning and meeting others, our life will stop pretty soon… so I keep active in that area as much as possible… I do many different kinds of art even now, from knitting, spinning, felting, painting, metal wrapping, book making, Zentangling, sewing, quilting, making our clothes, basket making, journaling, all kinds of health situations, and cooking, along with canning and preserving our foods for the year. And challenges are a always on the top of the list… along with all the chores and loves of living and owning a farm… Have a fun day.


Spooky is the theme for Frilly and Funkie… and so I had to put on my thinking cap… since I generally do one frilly and one funkie… I will have to combine them… Oh I know what I can do… I have this paper mache house… and it needs to be used… so I will make it into a SPOOKY Haunted House…


I painted the house with acrylic paint… and then I went crazy using crackles, and all kinds of things to make the house look unkept... it had to be FUNKIE looking… and then the Frilly part… of course the ‘lace draperies’ or better known as dark cob webs…


I put a fence around a section, and an empty bottle… which I colored with inks and put a label on it… and a grave stone… every haunted house has a grave stone in the front yard, right???? I tried to incorporate all things that you might find around a haunted house… and there is also a little critter living there… but you will have to go to my blog to see that… Hope you enjoy this SPOOKY HAUNTED HOUSE.

I'm sure you'll agree that Bonnie's haunted house is fabulous and has provided more inspiration for the current challenge 'A Haunting Halloween'.

If you would like to be in with the chance to join us as a Guest Designer all you need to do is join in!

12 comments:

  1. You've put so much work into every detail of this Bonnie and the result is a spectacular spooky house! Love that papered roof and the crackle on the walls. Thank you so much for joining us again. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is full of such wonderful detail and I love everything about it! what a wonderful creation! lovely to have you here again x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie rocks,she creates the most fab things for us all to drool over :)

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Halloween house! I love all the details, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice, love the spooky house

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Bonnie. You certainly accomplished a spooky house. Love it!
    Joan
    www.joanstouch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bonnie, just fantastic!! I am off to get a closer look! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie's spooky house is just fabulous, I love all the detail - off to have a closer look. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back, Bonnie! Congratulations on being our Funkie Favorite again. Your Halloween house looks amazing. Me thinks you had a blast making this. I'm off to learn all the details on your blog. Thanks for giving our visitors such a fantastic piece to inspire them!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Bonnie, I love your spooky house, must pop over to see all your details.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie's work is always delightful and always from the heart. Love this haunted house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art is such a delight, Bonnie! I love every last detail of your haunted house!! What a fabulous Halloween display this will be. You put so much thought and love into everything you create. Thank you for being a guest designer with us!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete