Thursday, April 9, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Asia!

Today we are welcoming Asia (aka Joanna) of Under a Creative Spell as our Guest Designer. Asia was the DT winner of the 'Bring on the Bling!' challenge and was therefore asked to join us as Guest Designer. So, without further ado, let's move on to hear from Asia !


Hello everyone! I am so excited to be Guest Designing today with Frilly and Funkie! My name is Asia (aka Joanna) and you might already know me from my blog Under a Creative Spell.

I'm Polish but I now live in the UK with my hubby and our furry baby Kropek in the beautiful county of Oxfordshire. I work full time as a property manager and my crafting hobby is a real blessing after a long day at work.

My crafting adventure took off after my wedding 6 years ago. Today I am a happy stamper and card maker, occasional scrapbooker, mixed media explorer and handmade home decor lover. 


I was super excited about the theme of the current challenge. I love spring and I have recently rediscovered my love of die cutting (getting a new die cutting machine might have something to do with it lol).

My crafty offering today is a card with a soft colour palette, inspired by glorious blooms of my neighbours' magnolia tree. Dusky pinks, golden yellows and soft browns seem to have taken the centre stage. This is my early spring take on the challenge theme, before the fresh greens take over :).


In my card I used Spellbinders Grateful Lattice die and Sizzix Tim Holtz Picture Reel die. My Grateful Lattice die cut was used as a stencil for a texture crackle and I also added some individual lattice elements I had left over from another project. The lattice elements are covered with sparkly Mica Fragments and I have lots of mica powders sparkliness going on in the background, too.

If you'd like to find out more about my project, please feel free to hop over to my blog Under a Creative Spell, where I also have additional close-up photos.

Thank you so much Linda and the Team for inviting me to play along with this challenge! I feel truly honoured! x

I'm sure you'll all agree that Asia's project is stunning and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge 'Spring Time Die Cuts'. Thank you so much for joining us for this challenge. If you would like to join us as Guest Designer too all you need to do is join in!

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Asia! I love how you've used the lattice die as a stencil and the clever idea of adding the picture reel with the little letter beads. And the colours of the magnolia tree certainly do shine through here. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! I am so excited to be featured at Frilly & Funkie - thank you so much ladies! xx

      Delete
  2. So so beautiful Joanna! I am such a huge fan of your work, you just never disappoint with your gorgeous creations!! Thank you so much for being here with us today and for creating such a wonderful work of art for our Springtime Die Cut challenge! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! Congrats on your GD spot Asia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation! Love the colors and all the pretty details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautifu, Asia! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning - amazing - mesmerizing! These colors are wonderful - so spring. The layers and your creativity just make this such a lovely project. Thank you. j

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project! I love your use of the alpha beads in the photo reel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments - that are so appreciated! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous project Asia, good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, Asia. I love the way you have incorporated picture wheel and other elements, beautiful composition. I always love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous make Joanna :-) wonderful colours and textures. Love the layout of your dies and stamps as well as my favourites at the moment......the butterflies. Congratulations on your GD spot.....love your project

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Joanna, this is one beautifully feminine card just showing the first gentle hints of spring. In my Mum's garden there is a beautiful Magnolia tree with its blooms beginning to open just over last few days. I can really see the tree in your card. My old pet dog (Cavalier King Charles called Chaplin is buried under the tree - it was planted for him. We call it the 'Magnolia Chaplinatus'!). Anyway your card is v beautiful with gorgeous details and elements. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is shabby chic at its finest, an absolute stunner. Lovely texture and colors with just the right amount of distressing/aging. Love the soft colors - absolutely drooling. Thank you so much, Joanna, for being our guest designer for this challenge and bringing such beautiful eye candy to our visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete