Thursday, April 2, 2015

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Irmgard!

Today we are welcoming Irmgard of Nicht Niedlich as our Guest Designer. Irmard is the DT winner of the It's Time for a Vacation challenge. Let's move on to hear from Irmgard.


My name is Irmgard (online still better known as serafeena) and I live near Wiesbaden in Germany. I'm creative at work - but active in this way just since a few years. Working with real paper and tools instead of sitting all day long in front of the screen seemed a nice and relaxing variation to me. It's just fun and there's no limit. On my blog nichtniedlich you can see the results of my inspiration.

My focus? Actually there is none - the craft world is much too colorful, too versatile, too fast moving. I'm frequently fascinated by new stuff, tools, techniques. I guess, this will never end, too ;)


When I heard about the subject for this post I had an immediate inspiration: a nice picture frame for my former "goddog" Watson was long overdue, all the more I don't see him very often now. However I have lots of pictures - and one of it now should get a proper frame.


I used a bunting as a basis and a Bigz die to extend it and covered the basis on both sides with scrappaper. Then I started the adornment. Watson on one hand is a real cutie but also sometimes a real punk - and the frame had to show both sides, so: a bit nobel and a bit rough. Therefore the inner frame is done with rough twine, fixed with hot glue which is colored copper afterwards. The light border bow is a perfect contrast. The small wings are also colored copper and fixed on the ground with brads. The name tag is written with Dymo, sticked to a piece of grungeboard, again colored copper on the edges and also the lettering itself. P.S.: the little bones in fact are true dog food - I couldn't resist because they were matching perfectly and are durable for a long time (as long as Watson doesn't become aware of it). But for him a big bag with dog biscuits is still waiting. ;)

I'm sure you'll all agree that Irmgard's project is fabulous and has provided even more inspiration for the current challenge, 'Put a Ribbon on It!' Thank you Irmgard.

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Irmgard! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie as a special Guest Designer and for putting a ribbon on it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project, and I just adore the subject matter! lol. Wonderful use of ribbons and twines. Thanks so much for being our guest designer. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Irmgard!

    Just popping in to say that it is looking absolutely fabulous and has a really amazing and unique design.

    Great use of the Dymo and great use of creativity.

    With best regards,
    Jesper K
    DYMOSupport

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project Irmgard - such a wonderful use of ribbons. Congratulations on being Guest Designer. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Watson looks adorable on your project - which is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great, creative project! Watson is one lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful project for your god-dog Irmgard, thanks so much for sharing your project and congratulations on your guest designer post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your kind comments - it was a great pleasure crafting for Frilly and Funkie!
    hugs Irmgard

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a brilliant project Irmgard, makes me think I need to be including my boys in more creative pieces to. Love how you framed Watson with the rough twine xx

    ReplyDelete