Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Guest Designer - Karen Petitt

The Funkie Junkie Boutique welcomes Karen Petitt (karenp.31) - the overall winner of our Icy and Cold challenge - as our new Guest Designer.


I've crafted or created in one way or another since childhood. I have learnt that I have that urge or need to create or make something. These days I love creating cards, home decor, mixed media canvas and journal pages.

Karen created a lovely Mixed Media piece as inspiration for our current challenge: Onto an MDF board I adhered scrunched up layers of plain collage paper deliberately not smoothing out any creases. Once dry, I added pink, purple and blue liquid watercolour paints to the paper. I then applied an uneven layer of white gesso. Once that was dry, I used a Tim Holtz script stamp and Inkon3 black ink pad to add stamping to the background, then I dried the ink. I used a Tim Holtz stencil to apply gold texture paste in each of the corners and when it was dry, I embellished with fabric flowers and leaves, paper flowers and leaves and a chipboard butterfly.
We love the texture and color that Karen was able to incorporate into her mixed media creation. Thank you, Karen, for sharing your inspiration for the "For the Love of Mixed Media" challenge, and for accepting our invitation to be a Guest Designer.

Make sure you check out Karen's Instagram to see more of her work. Then come back and share your 'For the Love of Mixed Media' projects with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, March 8th.

4 comments: