Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Guest Designer - Susan Babcock

The Funkie Junkie Boutique is delighted to have Susan Babcock (Susanbcards) as our Guest Designer this week. Susan was our Design Team's choice as overall winner of our Out with the Old, In with the New! challenge in January.


Hello, I'm Susan aka Susanbcards. I'm so honored to be a Guest Designer at the Funkie Junkie Boutique blog this week. I have always enjoyed arts and crafts but my favorite is papercrafts. A few years ago, I watched some Tim Holtz demos and started experimenting with mixed media and have been hooked ever since.

The project I'm sharing today started out as card but as I worked it continued to grow until it became a decor piece that fit on the back of the large Tim Holtz vignette tray! I sprayed some Distress Mixed Media Heavystock paper with Distress Spray Stains and Oxides, then lightly stamped some script and floral stamps for added interest and texture.

I used the new Tim Holtz/Sizzix Woodgrain die to make a flower bed filled it with diecut flowers and leaves. I completed the panel with some insects and a butterfly.

Make sure you check out Susan's blog (Susanbcards) to see more about how she created this wonderful mixed media piece. Don't forget to share your 'For the Love of Mixed Media' project with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, March 8th.

2 comments:

  1. YAY: you've given us another BEAUTIFUL use for that new TH Woodgrain Die!
    I like to peruse lots of different takes on a new die before getting it and using it. I LOVE the LadyBug on here! And adding it to the back of the tray gives me some measurement ideas.
    This is really SWEET looking!!!

    ReplyDelete