Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Guest Designer - Katy Drogos

The Funkie Junkie Boutique is delighted to have Katy Drogos (I Like to Cut and Paste) return as our Guest Designer this week as the winner of the For the Love of Mixed Media challenge. We know you're going to be as impressed as we are with her inspiration piece for the current Industrial Grunge challenge.


Hi! I'm Katy. I love all the stuff - cardmaking, mixed media, and everything in between. I started off making scrapbook pages. Then I learned about the world of Distress from Tim Holtz. Forever my world was changed! My blog is I Like to Cut and Paste, and I am on Instagram and Facebook.

The story is this fella won first place at the World Fair for his futuristic invention. I am so honored to be the Guest Designer for this challenge: Industrial Grunge. I used a Tim Holtz vignette box and mostly Tim's alcohol inks, foil cardstock, grit paste, paperdoll, sizzix die (gearhead) and 2 embossing folders (mini foundry and circuit), and baubles. I also used clay gears using Finnabair Moulds (mechanica, large gears) and gold paint.

Make sure you check out Katy's blog (I Like to Cut and Paste) to see more about how she created this wonderful mixed media piece. Don't forget to share your 'Industrial Grunge' project with us. The challenge can be found HERE and runs through 11:55 pm EST on Tuesday, April 5th.

1 comment: