Friday, December 23, 2022

Holiday Mini Envelopes

Hi! Suzz here. Time for some holiday fun!  I was inspired by the Sizzix Chapter 3 Thinlits Tim Holtz Postale dies! I love the idea of mini envelopes!  


I pulled out a mix of papers, stamps, and embellishments along with my dies to cut out the envelopes and embellish them. 

I cut out a series of envelope shapes from white cardstock and then played around with stamping different images.

For my first mini envelope, I created a woodland scene using a few different stamps with brown and green archival ink.  I cut out a mask of the deer to allow me to place a tree in the background.  

 

Next I used the papers from the worn wallpaper to cut the envelope from and then embellished it with stickers from Christmas sticker book.   

A little embellishment with some paper flowers behind the sticker flower along with some white gel highlights to make flower the focal point. 

The papers were so pretty I decided to create a second envelope from another pattern. 

Only this time I lined the inside of the envelope! 

Then I went back to stamping and used the festive collage stamps to drape the boughs of holly across the front of the envelope.

The little sprigs of holly along with the sentiment filled out the rest of the envelope.  The berries were all stamped twice and pop dotted to raise them up and add a little texture.  Then a sprinkle of glitter was added all over the branches and berries.   

The next envelope used some pretty mica sprays over a stenciled background. 
 


The envelope was laid flat and crackle embossing paste was  used with the layering stencil to add the festive words.

After the embossed background had dried the spray was misted over the front and then a different mica spray was spritzed over the back. I am going to add a lovely snowflake to the front when I get a few minutes! 

Next up is jolly St. Nick!

He was stamped on the white envelope while it was open and then colored with a hint of watercolor.  He has a little shimmer on his fur to highlight his lovely hat!  


Now I have a set of mini envelopes ready to put a special message and attach to a gift!


Thanks for stopping by!

Suzz

Products: 

1 comment: