Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Focus - May Arts

Hello and welcome to Friday Focus where we spotlight a product and offer an additional 15% off from today through next Thursday.  It's Cec here and I am going to share some projects that I made using May Arts products, one new and some old.

First the new project - a Christmas card to add to my stack for this year, which isn't growing nearly fast enough.


I started by making a background from some Maja papers. I have never done any machine sewing on my cards so I decided to give it a try this time and I can see I need a bit more practice but it isn't bad for the first attempt. Once the sewing was done, I distressed the edges and then inked them with the Forest Moss Distress Ink.


Next I cut it from the Tim Holtz Snow Tree die using Kraft Glassine paper.  I scrunched it up and then coloured it with some Meadow Alcohol Ink blended with some Gold Metallic Mixatives.  After it dried I highlighted the raised area with a swipe of the Forest Moss Distress Ink.


Next I chose some fibres for the card and here is where I made a bit of an oops.  I thought that the cream jute ribbon was a May Arts product but it turned out it wasn't so only the frayed flower ribbon and the burlap string are from May Arts.  I trimmed the organza background away from the flower before I used it.


I got the Santa image some time ago as a freebie from The Funkie Junkie. I made the calendar on my computer with an extra 25 that I popped up. The flourishes are Kraft card stock from my scraps that I cut using the Venetian Motifs die from Spellbinders.  All the paper elements have been inked with Forest Moss Distress Ink.

The button is a carved coconut shell button that I received as a freebie in my last order from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Unfortunately the button and the raised number will prevent this card from being mailed with standard postage so it will either be handed out or sent to someone so special I don't mind paying extra for.

Over the past while I have also made some other projects that feature May Arts products (listed below the photo).

(The ruffled red gingham elastic ribbon used to make the frame.)

(The brown crochet lace and the brown burlap string.)

(The brown ruffled organza ribbon.)

Stop the presses - I just received a little package containing samples of a number of other fabulous ribbons and laces that can be found in the May Arts section at The Funkie Junkie Boutique and I will use some in my next projects so come back for the next two challenges to see what I made.  Why don't you pop over to The Funkie Junkie Boutique and take advantage of the sale to pick some up for yourself?

I have used the following items from The Funkie Junkie to make these projects:

Vintage Christmas Card:

Cherry Pie:
Fall Cycling:
Harvest Blessings:

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful vintage feel card Cec. Love the way you have layered all those gorgeous elements. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful selection of cards. I love the penny farthings. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Friday Focus, Cec. Love that Christmas card with the wonderful glassine evergreen tree and the frayed flower. All the other cards are wonderful too - a delightful array of shabby chic!
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete