Thursday, November 14, 2013

Welcome to today's Guest Designer, Laura!

A big welcome to today's Guest Designer Laura! Laura, of Laurart, was the winner chosen by the DT for the What's your poison? challenge and as a result was invited to join us as Guest Designer.

So, let's stand aside and give Laura the floor and see the fabulous project that she's made for the current challenge Christmas preparations.


I am thrilled to be here as Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie! It is one of my favourite challenges so it is an honour to be here....I am a crafter who loves a challenge!

My name is Laura and I have been blogging for a year now - though I have been doing lots of crafts for a lot of years. I found Distress inks a year ago and haven't looked back since. I live in the countryside with my wonderful husband, two beautiful children, a very moody cat and an art cupboard that seems to be getting smaller and smaller!


What a wonderful subject Sue chose for all of you! I adore making things for Christmas. I wanted to make something to do with candles - I decorate a lot of candles at Christmas and this time I thought I would try something a little different...decorating a jar (to be lit by a candle!).



 I used an old jar that I had been keeping for a special occasion because it had a lovely pattern at the top and bottom....A few printed images, matte medium, white acrylic paint and glitter was all it took to transform the plain jar into something beautiful that would look wonderful on any Christmas table.




 I'm sure that you will all agree Laura's project is absolutely gorgeous ! There's still plenty of time to join in with the current challenge and I'm sure Laura's project has provided you with even more inspiration !

Remember, if you would like a chance to join us as a Guest Designer, all you need to do is join in with our challenges!

8 comments:

  1. Oh how special is this Laura!! It will look perfect all lit up during the festive season. Thank you for being such a fantastic Guest Designer here at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, Laura! Congratulations on being guest designer,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic candle holder! It's beautiful and easy, which is a plus at Christmas time! Just a great project, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous! What a cool way to create a Christmas candle. Now you've got me thinking about my own decorating and how I could make some of these. Gorgeous work and wonderful inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Laura :-) love your jar and how wonderful to be GD x TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea Laura, the image is beautiful and I love the glitter borders. Congrats on your GD spot too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for being a guest designer! This is a fantastic decorative piece for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Laura on being guest designer and WOW what a fabulous project! LOVE anything Vintage ...especially Vintage Christmas ... GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete