Thursday, March 10, 2016

Current Guest Designer - Sara Emily

It is time to introduce you to our Guest Designer for the current challenge.  Please say hello to Sara Emily of sarascloset who was the Design Team's Top Pick from our Embossing challenge.


"It's an honor and a joy to be asked to join the talented Frilly and Funkie team as Guest Designer today! I have enjoyed a variety of crafty endeavors over the years from upcycling yard sale finds to stain glass to working with paper and everything in between. I will try anything once--twice if I like it!"


"When I heard Sue's theme was "Make it a Trio" my mind went directly to birds! I love birds, and I can sit and watch them and listen to them for hours. I found these long forgotten bird themed papers and chipboard cages in my stash and decided to make it a trio of birds, birdcages and panels. I'm so inspired by both the Frilly and the Funkie sides of the Design Team, but this time I wanted to try my hand at Frilly. I used inks, texture paste, Frantage, embossing powder, glitter, markers, paint and a few die cuts to make my shabby card. You can visit my blog for details and additional close-ups."

"I would like to thank the entire Design Team for having me here as Guest Designer for this challenge! I hope you will be inspired to Make it a Trio, too!"

* * *

Sara Emily, thank you for sharing your gorgeous Frilly card and we encourage everyone to pop over to your blog and check out all the details about this beauty.  When you are finished looking at all her eye candy come on back and share your creation with us here.  You have lots of time to make a trio project - the challenge doesn't end until March 22nd.


18 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sara love your theme of trio's popping over to your blog for a closer look.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Sara Emily! Thank you so much for sharing and joining us as a Guest Designer at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely lovely, Sara Emily!! I love your frilly side and am so happy you showcased it here. Thanks so much for being here with us this week. I'm headed to your blog for a closer look at this beauty!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Sara Emily. .those birds are wonderful. A lovely piece x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Lovely soft colors and love you trio of birds! I am very happy that you joined us as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sara, can't wait to see more of this beauty! What a treat to have you here with us as our Guest Designer today. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful card Sara. So great to have you join us as a Guest Designer. Going to take a closer look on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're lookin' super in FRILL Sara. Beautiful. Beautiful. Xj

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cool card, Sara!!! I love the shabby-chic style and your trio of pretty birdcages! Way to show off your wonderful talent for your guest spot debut!!! congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Sarah. Your talents is amazing. As always, your project is eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, my dear...you do "frilly" with panache and expertise! This is such a pretty, girly card, and that trio of birdcages makes my heart sing! Gorgeous layers, and the color palette is fresh as springtime! Thanks so much for being our guest designer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Sara! I love those beautiful birdcages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Sara Emily, love that you picked birdcages!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Sara! Your trio of birdcages are stunning, as is your entire design. Congratulations on your well-deserved guest designer spot! You do every style in your wonderfully unique and inspiring way. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sara Emily - as if I did not know who you are. You know that I am one of your biggest fans. Your card is gorgeous but that does not surprise me one bit. Congratulations to Frilly and Funkie for snagging you as a guest designer. As far as I am concerned - they are the luck ones!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous guest piece from Sara Emily - so, so pretty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete