Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday Step X Step - Pion Birthday Greetings

Hello Everyone! Glad you dropped in to Frilly and Funkie today. Pamellia here with my Saturday Step by Step. I have put together a lovely spring Birthday card using my two two biggest loves in my craft room right now, Pion Design Papers and mixed media products, and they are all available at Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique.


For this card I used the following dies and punches: Sizzix Bookplates and Tag, Sizzix Tag Collection, Sizzix Fall Foliage, Prima Crochet Doily and Sizzix Large Butterfly Punch.


I cut a large tag out using the Pion Design Day in May collection and made a white backing layer. I cut a couple of medium tags and background panels using the Pion Design Paris Flea Market collection. The ones I don't use this time around I will put to good use later!



I cut a bookplate using some white corrugated cardboard, then framed a birthday greeting from the Pion Design Day in May collection.


I added a touch of Picket Fence Crackle Paint to the layers for a bit of texture then spritzed on some Shabby Shutters Distress ink spray.



I antiqued all the pieces with Archival ink Coffee and rubbed a little Gathered Twigs Distress ink into the cracks of the crackle paste texture.


I coloured some seam binding with Distress inks Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet to use for my bow. I cut out some leaves and coloured them with Shabby Shutters and Gathered Twigs.



I assembled all of the panels using Foam Squares to give the card a little dimension. I added my seam binding bow and a May Arts Twine bow along with some of the gorgeous new flowers that Linda is carrying in the shop. A little lace and a small sentiment to finish the feminine look.







I hope you enjoyed my tutorial . Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. There's still time to enter our current challenge "HIP TO BE SQUARE", hope to see your there!

Thanks for stopping in! Hugs, Pamellia :)

If you would like to try some of these wonderful products, they are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:


18 comments:

  1. Hi Pamellia.
    This is so beautiful, lovely spring colors. Love it.
    Hugs sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamellia.
    This is so beautiful, lovely spring colors. Love it.
    Hugs sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Pamellia!!! A joy to 'see' you work with these papers. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love d pretty soft colours and layers to construct this card. Tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A soft, subtle and beautifully romantic card Pamellia with a great step by step.
    Happy Eater weekend to you.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the step by step on this gorgeous and fabulous project. The colours are so delicate and the layout and design stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a glorious creation Pamellia. So many delicious layers. Those papers are so gorgeous and you have showcased them perfectly. Great work. Happy Easter to you and everyone at F+F xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I feel spring coming with these pretty pastels and the soft pretty leaves and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sure is my kind of card, just love it Pamellia! Thank-you for wonderful step by step, you make it seem easy, when it's not. Happy Easter to all at Frilly & Funkie. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I enjoy seeing how the card comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous card and tutorial Pamellia - I could gaze on those wonderful layers forever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully designed and constructed Pamellia. I loved your tutorial and those Pion papers are just 'to die for'!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Pamellia, this is jaw-dropping gorgeous!! The layers, the colors, everything is amazing!! You showcased the beautiful Pion papers perfectly!! This is a work of art!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fresh and inviting! I love the layered tags and all the wonderful distressed details here. Great step out, Pamellia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a stunning card Pamellia!!! The colors and layering are fantastic!! Thanks for the fun step by step~beautiful job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great step by step with a truly lovely card as a result! I love the new flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation and a great tutorial.

    Thank you.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so delicately lovely that I feel like if I picked it up - I would break it - like picking up a baby or a piece of crystal glass. (I am not delicate with anything!!!). It is just so dainty and exquisitely sweet. Truly BEAUTIFUL and VERY SPECIAL art work. j.

    ReplyDelete