Thursday, March 24, 2016

Our Newest Guest Designer - Ginny Nemchak

It is time to introduce our newest Guest Designer. Say hello and a give a big welcome to Ginny Nemchak of Polly's Paper Studio. Ginny was the Top Choice from our 'Love is in the Air' challenge.


"Hey there Peeps! Ginny here and I'm just tickled pink to be guest designing this month for Frilly & Funkie. A little about me...I'm living a very blessed life out on a dirt road in the country with my hubby of 23 years and one nearly grown Son left at home and one in college. I get to "play paper" as my dream job and loving every minute of it. 

My crafty interests are ever evolving and my current obsession is mixed media. Cards and tags are my real passion...although I do enjoy 3d projects and mini albums. I'm thrilled to be joining the talented F&F designers this month as they are a constant source of inspiration to me."


"This project was really a combination of all the things that came to mind for a "Hip To Be Square" hippie theme. Owls of course are a classic retro icon. I created mine with a layering of retro patterned papers and assembled with spacers between the layers for depth. Just to be cheeky I added a tiny handcrafted pair of glasses to make my owl a real" square". 

I used a variety of retro inspired chipboard pieces colored in the essential burnt orange and avocados which adds graphic detail and great pops of color. I gave my owl a little home in a recycled stamp carton to create a shadow box effect and attached it to a MDF board covered in some really groovy printed paper. 

Last but not least.....coordinating flowers because all 70's hippies were flower child's right? This project was really a walk on the "Funky" side for me....but I love how it turned out!!! Maybe I have an inner flower child waiting to come out????"

* * *

Check out Ginny's blog to get more details on her funky project.  When you are finished, come on back and let's see your 'Hip to be Square' project - you have lots of time to enter because the challenge doesn't end until 11:55 pm EST on April 5th.

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Ginny and it's certainly 'hip to be square' with all these fab retro colours and great design.
    Congrats on your GD at F & F.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shadow box hit the perfect groove for this fun challenge! The color palette is perfectly retro, the design elements are a blast from the past and that little owl is too cool for school! I think you must have an inner hippie chick in there somewhere! Thanks for being our guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome retro inspired shadow box! The brilliant colors with the cool owl is fabulous! Very happy to have you guest designing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! You've captures that 70's vibe perfectly with your colors and the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Ginny. Love the bold retro colours and the owl. Thanks for being our guest designer, I'm heading over to your blog to take a closer look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job and welcome aboard, Ginny. xoxo

    ReplyDelete