Saturday, May 11, 2024

Janna's From the Vault

Hello and welcome back to the crafty corner. Today for TFJB Inspiration Ave we are creating with the new Tim Holtz Sizzix From the Vault Dies. I have selected th Vault Watch Gears and World Travel to feature in my mixed media card today.

For detailed video click here.


For supplies I used: Distress Paints Uncharted Mariner, Rustic Wilderness, Black Woot and Tarnished Grass, Black Soot Archival Ink, Sizzix Vault Watch Gears and World Travel, stamp set CMS395 The Professor 2, Mixed Media paper, TH Ranger Brayer, Idea-ology washi tape, Metallic Kraft Stock, Collage Brush and Collage Medium.


Today’s card will be focusing on the new Vault Sizzix Tim Holtz dies. We will also be exploring one of my favourite brayer techniques with Distress Paint. 


First I coated a piece of distress mixed media paper with the distress paint Uncharted Mariner and a collage brush.


Next I put a couple drops of Tarnished Brass on the kraft mat and ran the brayer through it. Then with a light rolling motion I bayered over the base layer of distress paint. By rolling gently over the first layer I was able to get little skippity bits and batches. The goal was to create some visual texture.


I the did the same thing with a tag painted with Rustic Wilderness.


I also completed a third panel with the same technique using Black Soot and Tarnished Brass.


Next I added a layer of Distress Vintage Photo ink over the painted surface. This was applied with a Tiny Blending tool and some Dome Foam.


After I sprinkled water over the top to get some interesting water marks.


For the background piece I stamped over the top of the Distress Paint with some Distress Black Soot Archival ink and the stamp set CMS395 The Professor 2.


For die cutting I started with the globe from the Vault set World Travel and cut it out of Metallic Kraft Heavy Stock.


Then I die cut the pocket watch out of the altered Black Mixed Media Cardstock with the set Vault Watch Gears. For the little land pieces I die cut from the altered Rustic Wilderness painted tag.


Then I added the Pocket Watch die cut on top of the world globe gluing them together with Collage Medium.


After I added some small detail pieces of a little Ari and airplane.


For finishing touches I added some lettering from the set World Travel out of Metallic Kraft Stock.  Then for the sentiment I die cut “dreaming of adventure”. 

After I added a boarder of decorative Idea-ology washi tape.


Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: @treasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Janna

Supplies used:







No comments:

Post a Comment