Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Lyla's Out of the Vault

Linda- I totally started this project last night. The one I did was supposed to match with the new TH Dies, and I didn't think it did well enough. My Muse was more pleased with this idea.


Sizzix Vault Dies are back- with the next chapter in a long-awaited line of old favorites from Tim Holtz! Lyla here, introducing one of my new "go-to" Thinlits Set called Watch Gears- straight out of Tim's Vault, and this one is the bee's knee's! I'm sure everyone is excited about the entire Vault set, but we're going to dole them out to you over the next two weeks, with each Design Team Member taking their turn to bring you the latest in Inspiration Ave! Let's get going with this first one; it's simply awesome!


I grabbed another one, but they all went so FAST!
I wasn't able to get a third set before they were all gone.
But, hang on, Sizzix is working hard to get more going.

Meanwhile, here's a list of LINKS to help you find things I used for this make:



I used Th 3D Embosser Mechanics with some Foundry Wax onto a black cardstock,
then trimmed it down to a tag shape.


I sanded the cardstock down a bit then trimmed a sheet of Backdrops Vol 5.


Now I had a main tag and made my own reinforcers for the top.
I also used some leftovers and ragged it all out with the TH Distresser,
then aged it all with some Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo and Black Soot.


TH Out of the Vault Watch Gears... I open mine up and count them out to make sure it's all there.


It's really going to be COOL not to have to haul around the Bigz Dies,
but it's also cool to still have them for heavy duty cutting!


I got busy with a lot of scrap paper stock- just cutting what I wanted.


I make a plan with the dies, take a pic of it and refer to it as needed.


I used my TH Glass Media Mat to space it out evenly.


I used real metal Long Fasteners to secure the gears into the watch.


Then I used Dura Lar for the glass and taped the sides with TH Tissue Tape (retired).


FRONT


A bow from ragged, Distress-Oxided old ribbon.


IdeaOlogy items- some retired.


The gears are all in pastel which I kept unaged/unDistressed. 
My Grandbabies are the gears that keep me going all the time.


Some old TH Ticket Booth


The BACK: The Grandbabies are all characters of many faces & talents that keep me laughing!


That's a wrap for this production!
THANK YOU for joining me for some fun entertainment!

Be sure to check back in at the Inspiration Ave Blog
for more Tim Holtz Vault Die inspirational makes
from TFJB's Design Team- coming up in the next few days!

And don't forget to pop in to The Funkie Junkie Boutique
for all your crafting needs at a price that can't be beat!

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment