Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Lyla's Photographically Idea-ology Booklet


Welcome to another 2 week new theme! Lyla here, and I'm absolutely thrilled to lead off this newest, most fun, and most looked forward to, of all the Tim Holtz releases: Idea-ology 2024! Of course, DT Leader and Owner of The Funkie Junkie Boutique, Linda Coughlin, came up with the cutest title; "It's Ideal!" and I'm all in! I've gotten my goodies and I'm running late (as usual) but I just couldn't help myself: I was still adding to my make on Memorial Day, when I should have been blogging it by then. There were too many ideas coming to me- and it was too exciting!  I've even made up a set of videos, so grab some popcorn and join me for a picturesque scroll!


Here's my Happy Mail from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!
I had to add a second package of the Salavaged Hearts... these are SOOO overdue from Tim!!

Here's a List of LINKS:


It was a tough choice: I went with the Pocket Folio (at the top and right).


Distress inking all the front and back along all the creases and edges. It was much easier when I discovered the covers can be removed: they fell off on me, lol! I wanted the edges to match somewhat in tone/shades to the other IdeaOlogy paperie,  so I chose Scorched Timber Oxide for the edges into the middle area and then went over all the creased edges again with Ground Espresso Oxide. 


I am SO loving that Scorched Timber!!!


Here's where it fell apart and that made it easier to do the covers. In the video (below), you'll note how I mentioned you can rearrange these Folios.


I cut some of the Backdrops (from Vol 1,  Vol 4,  and Vol 5) scraps for making pockets out of 2 of the fold-out bottoms. The third would still fold downward.


Some of the Idea-ology (older versions) and other stash items. Some I colored... and some I left plain.
I love the metal Idea-ology Findings and Fasteners just as they are!!


Here, I probably had the worst time: choosing from all the new things to go into the Folio! You can see I started making photographs- "the Grandbabies" were the first to grace one! There always seem to be perfect little look-alikes in every Paper Dolls package- or maybe it's just me?


Oh my: HOUSES and CARS in the newest of the Paper Dolls!! Here, I am covering the new File Cards 2 with last year's (hardly used but once) Collage Paper just because it matched my photographic theme here!


You'll see more of this explained in the video(s). I'm adding some older Remnant Rubs to make my own "ViewMaster"  from the (retired) TH Picture Wheel Bigz Die- one of my fave dies!


All the "pages" are done, and the surprises all tucked inside. Time to do the outside covers...


... first; making use of a rarely-used TH older Stamp Set that I absolutely ADORE!! If you want to see one of the only other times I've used it: (CLICK HERE to see "TFJB Challenge: Documented"). 


Old and new Idea-0logy- for the mix to a great looking cover!


I scratched the Salvaged Heart with my very old TH Scratcher (wire scratcher) that I still use now and then. To get the hemp tied around the heart: I used a bit of Score Tape on the back and it held onto the string while I wrap and tied it, then adhered it to the cover top Backdrop page with Glossy Accents
and a tiny bit of hot glue from the hot glue gun- just for good measure.

Here's the picture-perfect Photographically Ideal Booklet...


FRONT- with some of my collection of old cameras. *NOTE* In order to view any of the foldout pages and surprise tucked items, you'll need to watch the 2 videos! ;)



Closeup FRONT


PAGES 1 & 2


PAGES 3 & 4


PAGES 5 & 6


PAGES 7 & 8


BACK

VIDEOS!!


Part 1 of 2: "It's Ideal; Photographically Ideal!"


Part 2 of 2: "It's Ideal... Photographically Ideal!"

Thanks so very much for joining me on this photographic journey! I hope you've not only enjoyed the views, but I also hope you're inspired to create your own! If you're looking for help to get started- there's no better deals to be found than at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Make sure you check back in here at Inspiration Ave every few days as you won't want to miss
more inspirational makes as the rest of TFJB Design team shares their take on our latest theme;
"It's Ideal!"

Until next time...

Stay Safe &
HAPPY BLOGGING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment