Friday, May 17, 2024

Janna's Stencil Sensation

Hello and welcome to TFJ Inspiration Ave. This week we are creating to the theme of “Stencil Sensation”. I am featuring seven different techniques to use with your stencils and one card project. 


Here we will have a play with the latest Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stencils. The seven techniques are: blending with distress ink and layering with sparkle paste, spritzing with sprays and stenciled in glazes, stenciling with distress crayon, stenciling with crackle paint, alcohol inks, stenciling with transparent texture paste, and stenciling with distress glazes.


 To learn about these techniques watch video below. 


Down below is a closer look at the backgrounds.









Next we are going to dive into making a card with one of my favourite backgrounds from our technique play. 

For this card I used: Yupo paper, alcohol inks Laguna, Glacier, Turquoise, and Clover, Distress Black Heavystock, Idea-ology Metallic Sticker Book, Idea-ology Ephemera, and Collage Medium.


To start this card I trimmed down the Yupo paper to 4"x5.25". This background was created with alcohol inks and stencil THS180.


I trimmed the Yupo paper down to 4"x5.25" and then mounted it on some Distress Black Heavystock with ATG tape.


Next I gathered some Idea-ology Ephemera Elements to create a quick collage on the card. I chose a rose as the main focal point.


I then built a collage base to highlight the rose and glued all the pieces down with Collage Medium. I then finished the card off with a metallic word sticker.


Thank you so much for joining me here today for TFJB Inspiration Ave. Until next time, happy crafting!

Janna~ 💕🎨💕

I can also be found on :
Instagram: @treasuresofthesea_jannak

YouTube: The Crafty Corner with Jann

Supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment