Saturday, February 1, 2014

3 tags - Step x Step

Hello, it's Sue here and today I'm sharing a 3 tag project with you. I wasn't really sure where I was going when I started this, I just had a vague design in my head, which is very often the case !


So, I started with two of the jumbo tags that linda sells in the Funkie Junkie Boutique and cut one of them down to a smaller tag using the Tim Holtz die. The very tiny tag is from my stash.


I then took the largest tag and painted it with arcylic paint then used the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh background stamp and stamped without an acrylic block using pale blue acrylic paint.



I stencilled some dots using the Wendy Vecchi Polka Dotty stencil with blue acrylic paint and when the paint was dry I replaced the stencil but off set it slightly and then stencilled over the top with a pale pink acrylic paint. The result is that a shadow is created around the dots.



I carried on stencilling, using the Tim Holtz Measuring stencil and Wendy Vecchi's Polka Dotty stencil and a tiny circles stencil.


The stencilling was carried over to the smaller stencil and then I started to stamp.  I used the little swirl stamp from the Artistic Outpost Serenity stamp set using Archival Cornflower Blue ink. I then stamped some text using the same Archival ink.


For the smallest tag I've used the text stamp from the Artistic Outpost Secretary Pool set and also stamped the pencil from the same set and cut it out. I used this text stamp and added some more stamping to the two other tags. I edged all three tags using blue acrylic paint to add some definition.



The main image is from the Artistic Outpost Generation Redux set and I've stamped it onto some card that's been painted with a pale cream acrylic paint. I've then cut the image out. The sentiment is from the Quote and Quotables set and I've used Cornflower Blue Archival ink. The resin rose was painted with acrylic paint and then I brushed over it with some metallic wax. I also painted the key with acrylic paint and dabbed it off using a baby wipe. The clock button is from the Prima Lyric button set.


I painted the resin plaque, that started it's life as pink, with blue acrylic paint and also brushed some metallic wax over the top. 



The ribbon on all three tags is seam binding that I've dyed with Archival Cornflower Blue ink.

I hope you've enjoyed today's step x step.

Sue

21 comments:

  1. sue this is gorgeous and your finished piece is simply stunning! Love how youbhave created this piece! A fab step x step x hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a masterclass Sue! There is SO much eye candy here and it still looks perfectly balanced. LOVE the colour scheme, the array of painting/stencilling/stamping techniques and the way you've drawn the eye with the words. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have shown here the colours and all the bits are fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project, thanks for sharing the step by step, so many lovely layers and gorgeous colours. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully put together Sue :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sue, great tutorial and the finished result looks amazing! Love the idea of layering the three sizes of tags together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Sue. What a lovely idea to join up three tags of different sizes. Your stamping always intrigues me, and these tags are stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stenciled backgrounds and the way you grouped the three different sized tags! Beautiful use of AO stamps! Fabulous tutorial! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly, Sue, this is drop dead amazing! Love the way you collaged the tags to create your mini masterpiece! Your stenciling and stamping are sensational. Thank you for such a wonderful StepXStep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm often intimidated by all this layering but you've made it look so easy and stunning in your tag! Thank you...another wintry messy day here...a day to play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how beautiful. So very pretty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for demonstrating this great idea to use 3 tags--beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gogeous project, very well put together.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, thank you for the stepxstep. These tags are little works of art. I love the colors, stamps, textures, embellishments. Especially love how you stamped the circles with a different color and offset the stencil a little bit. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, I must say that I am in the same boat along with SusanK. I love the look of all this layering, but find myself intimidated to try it. Perhaps with the help of thorough and kind instructors such as yourself, I will give it a try soon. It's only paper,.....right??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tag!!!! Love the 3 sizes together..:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, truly an amazingly beautiful project, love the colors you have used and the detailed directions. This one is a really winner and one I think I will give a go myself.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool and made me say "Well who'd a thunk it?" - LOL. It always amazes me how you can put things together in a way that would never have crossed my mind and your end result is always spectacular. I also love your tutorials - it is like going to a master class. Now I just have to get over the intimidation I too feel and try some of your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous triple tag Sue and the layers you have created are amazing. Love the stamped images and shades of blue

    TFS and hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the triple tag idea, and the colours are so pretty. So effective what you've done with the quote too - fabulous, Sue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your layered tag tutorial, Sue!! The layering of the stencils and stamping is gorgeous, and there is so much texture! It is beyond beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete